• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

jhutch3313

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
When you consider the weight, lead times and prices, AG seems like a pretty good option compared to a lot of the CF options that are available. I have gotten my hands on a few of them but never extended use. Is anyone using these consistently? Pros and Cons? Is there a better product for the price out there?

I’ve got 4 Alpine Hunters and I love them. I waited 4 weeks for one and 6 for another.

I’ve got a few Manners EH1s and I am very happy with both, they do exactly what I expect them to.

I generally don’t prefer one over the other but the price and delivery times from AG has been the tiebreaker. Service from AG is top notch too, Pam is awesome to deal with.

I use mine often. Mostly for hunting/target shooting. The other people in my group tried manners CF and it was not a great experience so I ordered the AG Alpine Hunter (QD Points, Tripod, Bipod, Archimedes Action). Ordering process was great, price was reasonable and the stock came in on time. The channel for the barrel had to be sanded down a bit due to it not clearing the barrel. I used a proof CF for which AG did not have that profile, chose the closest one and then sanded to fit. We did end up bedding the action. Only issue I found was one of the QD attach points was a little too deep for the QD to lock so I had to relieve it around the QD point a minor amount. No big deal. It's been a great stock and it looks amazing. I will likely be going in that direction again for my next build.

171770321_175088554492083_6393940643471843012_n.jpg

I’ve got 4 Alpine Hunters and I love them. I waited 4 weeks for one and 6 for another.

I’ve got a few Manners EH1s and I am very happy with both, they do exactly what I expect them to.

I generally don’t prefer one over the other but the price and delivery times from AG has been the tiebreaker. Service from AG is top notch too, Pam is awesome to deal with.
Thank you, the few times I have talked to Pam she has been very helpful in answering questions.

I use mine often. Mostly for hunting/target shooting. The other people in my group tried manners CF and it was not a great experience so I ordered the AG Alpine Hunter (QD Points, Tripod, Bipod, Archimedes Action). Ordering process was great, price was reasonable and the stock came in on time. The channel for the barrel had to be sanded down a bit due to it not clearing the barrel. I used a proof CF for which AG did not have that profile, chose the closest one and then sanded to fit. We did end up bedding the action. Only issue I found was one of the QD attach points was a little too deep for the QD to lock so I had to relieve it around the QD point a minor amount. No big deal. It's been a great stock and it looks amazing. I will likely be going in that direction again for my next build.

View attachment 7877216
Thank you for the feedback, great looking rifle, I would also be looking at using mine for hunting, using an MT7 action and it would be between the proof cf prefit barrel or the bartlein cf, I like both companies but the proof is a little lighter. I am looking at the AG sportsman stock I like more of a traditional shape personally

I have had a Tikka stock on order with AG since February. It’ll be my first one but I’ve heard good things.

That was the first one I got. I’ve drug it all over AK twice, MT, WY, CO, and TX plus I loaned it out to buddy who took it on a sheep hunt in NWT. It’s been really great. I know their lead times extended with COVID supply chain issues and new OEM business but they’re still worth the wait.

E55674F3-CDB4-45DF-B681-6F8EB94462C3.jpeg
7B6A330F-C2A0-4254-B0C5-399122788C96.jpeg

I've got an Alpine Hunter. Fit and finish are really good. The inlets were spot on for my LPA Razor and M5 BM. Only thing that was not perfect was that I had to dremel just a tad off the forward side of the bolt handle channel, but that was super easy.

If I were doing it again, I'd probably get the adjustable Alpine Hunter.

I have several ags. Great stocks, however my last order was delivered with wrong barrel inlet(too large) which I waited 12 weeks for. The replacement was inlet BDL(M5 was ordered) all in all, 27 weeks to get the correct unit. Ordered another in early Feb for a friends build, no estimate upon delivery. They supply all the stocks for the waypoint rifles as well as the new high end Bergaras. Have heard lots of poor fitment on the way points, don't know if it's AGs or Springfields issue. Typical of a successful small company, they get big offers from OEMs, and quality control slips to the sidelines.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhutch3313
Chalk Branch on my Curtis Axiom 6.5 PRC.
Hawkins bottom metal, Wyatt box and follower.
Proof 1:7.5 24" with Area419 Sidewinder.

Excellent stock, very happy with it.
AG.jpg