• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AG Composites - what’s the word?

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
I am building a light weight 6.5 PRC and have seen a lot of buzz about these guys. Aero uses them for their Solus stocks and they have reasonable lead times.

I was leaning towards a Manners LRH but short of finding one in stock, I am not willing to wait 6+ months on a stock.

How does AG stand up against the big boys? Manners, McMillian, Foundation?

Sample size of one, but I’m a big fan. I built a 6.5 PRC on an AG alpine hunter using an Impact NBK - Hawkins Hunter DBM. Great fit and finish, along with incredibly solid feel. My match gun is a 6GT impact 737 in a foundation.

Only gripes are I had to Dremel just a touch on the rear to make space for the back of the trigger hanger on the NBK but it was only about a mm and unique to impact - otherwise, fit for that specific action was stellar. Customer service was awesome, someone called me to confirm all the details and my wait time for a May order was about 90 days.

Reactions: Chipster697
Sample size of one, but I’m a big fan. I built a 6.5 PRC on an AG alpine hunter using an Impact NBK - Hawkins Hunter DBM. Great fit and finish, along with incredibly solid feel. My match gun is a 6GT impact 737 in a foundation.

Only gripes are I had to Dremel just a touch on the rear to make space for the back of the trigger hanger on the NBK but it was only about a mm and unique to impact - otherwise, fit for that specific action was stellar. Customer service was awesome, someone called me to confirm all the details and my wait time for a May order was about 90 days.
Thanks for the feedback! It’s good to hear a “newish” company making good CF
/composite stocks. I like the ability to add a medium length arca and still have pic out towards the front.

I have a trigger hanger as well so good to know.

That’s the setup I went with, actually modified a TS customs lightweight Arca to fit the tapped holes (had them factory tap it, but didn’t add a rail). Pic rail at the front from the factory.

• Love
Reactions: Cold_Bore_88
That’s the setup I went with, actually modified a TS customs lightweight Arca to fit the tapped holes (had them factory tap it, but didn’t add a rail). Pic rail at the front from the factory.
I am thinking I with the K2 adjustable and get the 4 or 6” arca with standard pic on front. A little heavier than I could go but I like the adjustability.

You’ll love it. They’ll likely ask you about the swivel stud in the rear (typically comes with one), but I specified a smooth bottom on the rear (for a bag) and then did two flush cups on the left side. The pic rail they installed on the front also has an integrated flush cup.

Reactions: Cold_Bore_88