• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision AGM Comanche 40 vs KAC PVS30

PORTSIDE_GUNNER

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2018
Looking for a Night Vision scope to shoot targets and steel to 600 yards at night. Anyone have any experience for the AGM Comanche 40 in White Phosphorus vs the KAC PVS30 (Refurbished Units)

AGM Comanche 4

KAC

Also interested in learning more about the AGM.

Like others pointed out, the PVS30 has a proven track record, so I'm leaning that direction. However, dropping over half a pound and gaining a recent production WP tube also sounds appealing, although I suspect the the f/1.44 glass is going to limit performance.

Never used an AGM anything, but that has a little too much of an Armasightish look to it for me to ever spend $$ on it or trust it. Even if the AGM unit was $1000 cheaper than it currently is, I'd still rather have a well-used 30. Then there is the lens, 80mm focal length and f/1.44!? That tube had better have some crazy alien technology built into it to be able to overcome physics, or it's potentially going to run out of gas MUCH faster than the 30.

Reactions: Terry Cross
, but that has a little too much of an Armasightish look to it for me to ever spend $$ on it

Pretty sure I heard that AGM are the armasight guys starting up after they all got let go from Flir. I think I heard that on the late night vision podcast.