• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision AGM Rattler TC Flip to Side Mount

tangokilo

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2022
Virginia
Hello, I have an AGM Rattler TC19 and TC35, and I really only use these on two of my setups so I do not dismount them from the rail to put on other rifles, but do dismount them for daytime shooting.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a flip to the side mount for these similar to what we use on like a 3x magnifier. I like the idea of just being able to shift these out of the way when I start shooting in the day time and then just flip over to use when starts getting dark.

Any insight greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: mikefraz
This might work. If you lucky the holes have the right spacing. If not, use one hole and drill another. You can probably contact Samson and they will give you the demensions.

Samson might even make one for him using the dimensions, if they don't already have one.

ADM (American Defense Manufacturing) makes the QD mounts for all the newer AGM scopes. They might already have one available, or be able to make you one.

I have seen other mounts like this one with two holes:

However the base for the Rattler has a kind of angled and notched base and it seems like AGM made this mounting as a proprietary system not a standard system like PVS14 or 1/4 camera mount.

So my concern is even with a two hole solution it will not work because of the angle or cant of the Rattler mount.

For instance look at this non flip to Side mount for the Rattler and observe the angle of the mount where it attaches to the Rattler base:

Reactions: mikefraz
Ok I heard back from Primary Arms, the replied negative no flip to side mount and cannot fabricate.

ADM also replied and said unless AGM allows them to make a flip to side mount that they won't. I said can you ask AGM to let you, they said go ahead and ask them for schematics and maybe someone can fabricate for you. Basically no from ADM, and they make the regular non-flip to side mounts that AGM sells with their Rattlers.

Still waiting to hear back from Samson but I am not confident they will do it either.

Maybe I am wrong but I would think more shooters would want these flip to side mounts that have clip ons. I know of course Wilcox makes one I think G33, but that probably don't work on the Rattler.

For instance look at this non flip to Side mount for the Rattler and observe the angle of the mount where it attaches to the Rattler base:
I think the actual scope mounting base is flat (parallel) with a rifle pic rail on the AGM mount. The sides just look sloped.

However, if you strike out, I am pretty confident that the Samson Flip To Side that I previously linked can be easily red neck engineered to work.

You have a flat mounting surface with 2 holes already drilled. So lots of easy options on additional fabrication if needed.

So even if the hole spacing is not quite right, use one hole and drill another to fit the hole spacing of the AGM Rattler. If there is some cant in the base, you can easily level everything out by using small thin washers as spacers.

The Samson Mount is very reasonably priced at $165 bucks compared to the Wilcox Flip To Side which is north of $400.00. If you are not good at red neck engineering and fab work yourself, you could take your AGM Rattler and the Samson Flip to Side to your local machine shop, and I'd bet you a dollar to a donut they can do some minimal fab work and have you up and running.

I think the actual scope mounting base is flat (parallel) with a rifle pic rail on the AGM mount. The sides just look sloped.

However, if you strike out, I am pretty confident that the Samson Flip To Side that I previously linked can be easily red neck engineered to work.

You have a flat mounting surface with 2 holes already drilled. So lots of easy options on additional fabrication if needed.

So even if the hole spacing is not quite right, use one hole and drill another to fit the hole spacing of the AGM Rattler. If there is some cant in the base, you can easily level everything out by using small thin washers as spacers.

The Samson Mount is very reasonably priced at $165 bucks compared to the Wilcox Flip To Side which is north of $400.00. If you are not good at red neck engineering and fab work yourself, you could take your AGM Rattler and the Samson Flip to Side to your local machine shop, and I'd bet you a dollar to a donut they can do some minimal fab work and have you up and running.
Yes I think you are right I may end up having to try some engineering or have machine shop work on it. I will report back when Samson responds. Thanks

Samson said no mount for the Rattler.

So, I ordered the Wilcox. I will report back if it fits without modification or I need to machine it.

I haven't received the Wilcox mount yet but I can recall what that metal ring on the side does. Looks like a key ring thing sticking out of the hinge.