• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AI .223 mag issues?

fw707

Minuteman
Nov 12, 2010
KY
Anybody having problems with the new run of .223 AI magazines?

Like the round popping out of the mag before it gets to the chamber.

Hi Jeff. Dave M. from Rayners. Yes, I had the same problem. Its like the front .5" of the feed lips are letting the rounds pop up and it just jacks everything up. I had one replaced after 200 rounds. Will find out for sure on Sunday when we shoot, but it looks like the replacement is going to do the same thing. You might remember my dad having trouble a couple of months ago at the match and that was with just 6 rounds in the mag at most, but it had the same issues with just 3 rounds in it.

Thanks for the reply Dave.
I got 2 new mags last week and both have the same issue that the mag in your dad's gun had. Both of mine did it right out of the box. If I load a single round it will feed, but any more than one causes the spring tension to pop the top round out of the feed lips.

I loaded 10 rounds in mine and left it set for a week to see if that would help with the spring tension. Don't know if it helped or not, will find out Sunday.

Not yet with any of my 3, but Ive only had them a short time.

I had the opposite problem...point of the bullet tipped up too much and was missing the chamber. I had to file down the inside front of the lip so the bullet tip lined up with the chamber better.

Damn, just picked up several myself. Hopefully it's not a consistent issue.

Do the 223 accurate mags have this problem?

i don't know.
The ones I'm having trouble with are the Accuracy International .223 polymer mags. Both of them are apparently out of specs.
I had two with another rifle a couple of years ago and both of them fed flawlessly.
I spoke with Lance at AI about the problem. He said to send him an email and he would get back to me.
I sent the email two weeks ago today and I'm patiently awaiting a reply.

I have tested 6 AI 223 mags in my rifle ,4 worked good and 2 had problems. I bought them all new so they were unaltered.

Just got 4 new mags from Kyle at XLR, ran 3 f them today loaded at 10 rds each and none of the displayed any issue with the Savage Mo 10 in XLR Element.