• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI 223 magazines

mikeb127

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2017
I am currently running mdt 10 round magazines in my 223. The way they protrude so far from the stock and catch on things is kind of a pain.

Is anyone aware of an AICS pattern 223 magazine that’s significantly shorter than the MDTs? Seeing as we now have dssf mags from ARC which are barely any longer than the AW mags, surely someone is doing something similar with the 223…..

The shortest 10 round mag I have used is the plastic Ruger mags. They have been working great for me and are half the length of my accurate mag 10 rounders. The mdt metal mags are also about 3/4” shorter than the accurate mags but are a little longer than the Ruger mags.

When I had my 223AI barrel on my rifle I tried every brand of 223 mag from AI brand, MDT and accurate to find one that will feed correctly. (Savage 10 action)... I pulled the AI barrel and put a straight 223 barrel on it. My take away is if you have a mag that functions with your rifle run it.