• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI 308 barrels - 155 grain bullets

ChemE1975

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2012
California
Thinking of a new rifle in 308. It will be an AI. I want to shoot 155 scenars or 155 berger full bore/hybrids.

I can get the UK barrel or a Bartlein. The UK is 1:12 and the 1:10, but twist is not the question- i know i should be able to shoot the referenced bullets in either twist. My question is more in terms of throat/freebore. Or even more specifically, is there any reason to think that either of the barrels will not shoot the 155s (as long as I do my part)?

The Tooley/Bartlien that came on my AX back in the day.....LOVED the 155 scenars.

I've had issues with 155's in 1:10 getting good accuracy. Go with the UK barrel unless you want to shoot subsonics. My experience has been the UK's are more accurate and faster.

I agree with redneckbmxr24 , having had both the best choice would be get the 24" 1-12 UK barrel . Its faster for some reason .If you're wanting to shoot the 155s to their full potential at 2850 or more ...get the 24".
I'm trying to find a load for the 155s in my factory bartlein 10 twist but no luck yet.

Last edited:
Ive owned both and shot primarily 155s in both and would also recommend the UK 1/12. My AINA Bartlein is no slouch with them, however...lapua palma brass, 46.2 varget, BR-4, 155 scenar at 2920. I dont recall my load with the UK barrel, but it was unbelievably accurate.

Last edited: