• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Safety_3rd

Semi-pro whiskey sommelier
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2017
Austin Texas
Picked this up for my ATX then I sold it gambling the new XC would be bad ass. I haven’t shot it but here from the previous owner.

It’s a Bartlein blank, and the steel is a proprietary Bartlein material called 400MODBB. Supposedly harder and increases barrel life, though I haven’t shot one out to confirm yet.

It was chambered by Sawtooth Rifles out of Utah. As good of a smith as you’ll find…

Fireforming groups have consistently been around 1/2” and that’s just throwing a load in it… no load development… running slight jam with 107 SMKs over 30.0gr of Varget. Here were the last 2 5-shot groups it shot:

Asking 575 shipped

Attachments

• IMG_1377.png
    IMG_1377.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 51
Reactions: Sportin Wood
From the previous owner:

Sawtooth chambered 6BRA
26” Bartlein 400ModBB
1:7.5” twist, MTU(?) contour maybe?
5/8x24 muzzle threads

Definitely a no-turn neck, probably .272” with at least a .104fb.

I only ever shot Lapua brass in it so couldn’t say about the Alpha datum line/fitment issue either way.

The previous owner said he only shot it to fire form the brass so I would assume 200 or so. I don’t have a borescope so I can’t look. If you buy it and there are any issues I’ll buy it back minus the shipping.

I have 99 rounds of 6bra that I’ve used in another rifle I can work into the deal. If anyone is interested.

I was the PO and can confirm everything here. Round count is right around 200, all of which were fireforming loads. Early accuracy returns were very good with little to no load development.

I think Sawtooth also serializes their barrels - I’d imagine they’d be able confirm any specific reamer/chamber questions.

Also seller is G2G. Great guy to deal with.

Reactions: Safety_3rd
I’ll post some more pictures when I get home. Apologies I’ve been out of town.

Called sawtooth awesome guy, “.2725 on the reamer,” no neck turning, bartlein bb barrel MTU contour