• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AE Mark 1....

Steelhead

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2003
Idaho
I've been offered an AI AE Mark 1 for $2989. It's all black, non folding, non cheek adjustable stock, with 1 5 round magazine.

Do you all think this is a good deal? Or would I be better off getting an AI AE Mark 2 or something else entirely?

I would like to have the ability to switch barrels (looking to go from .308 to .243) and have a magazine system. I know the Mark 2 uses the wider AICS magazines, instead of the single stack Mark 1 type. Is there a benefit of single stack over double stack?

This upcoming Snipershide build has caught my eye also. Maybe I should hold off for it......????

Thanks!!

Re: AI AE Mark 1....

AICs mags are single stack as well.From my previous inqueries the AE is no easier to do a switch barrel then a regular rem700.

You'll never see one of those 8-round mags. They only made enough to make some promotional brochure photos of them, and they were never put into volume production.

"Never" sounds like such a long time!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AICs mags are single stack as well.From my previous inqueries the AE is no easier to do a switch barrel then a regular rem700. </div></div>

Gentlemen,

The AICS magazine is a double stack to single point feed design, whereas the AE MKI magazine is a true single stack.

Barrels are changed on the AE with the same tools as the AW rifles. The main difference is removal of the AE action from the chassis which is not possible with the AW, and takes maybe another minute or two.

Regards,
--
Scott Seigmund
Vice President
Accuracy International of North America
Email: [email protected]

I might be somewhat partial, naaa, I would highly recommend the Accuracy International AE. The price is right on the MKI you found and the MKII's are a big hit so if you are interested in one of these, you need to get a move on.

Thanks everyone!

Can the Mark 1 be change over to accept AICS magazines? Is the Mark 2 that much of an improvement over the Mark 1? And will Mark 1 magazines still be available in the future?

Thanks!

To answer your questions:
1. No the AE MKI can not be modified to accept the AICS mags.
2. Updates and key features which we improved upon only makes the MKII that much more desirable. The value of these improvements are to accomodate the end user, as requested, so I would say yes.
3. The MKI magazines will always be available from AI distributors, either instock or for order. We are highly recommending they maintain a small stock.

As a response to the initial question at 3000 dollars, I personally would save a few more and buy the mark 2.

I say buy what you want once and dont look back. Just keep it and be happy knowing it was what you wanted. It will always retain its value.

Heres another good idea. Since this one is available now. you could buy it and place an order for the one you really want. Since they take a while to come in you could have this one, and sell it for roughly if not the same exact amount you spent on it. Best of both worlds with AI.

I agree on the buy this one and sell it later. But 3k seems like a bit much for a used rifle without any accessories. It is a used rifle, right? If it's used and in good shape, I'd offer 2700-2800 and see if they bite on it

I don't want to brag (but I will a bit anyways:) ) but I picked my used AE mk1(same exact spec rifle as yours) for 3k flat with:
6.5-20 leupold mk4 and leupold rings
Starlight fitted case
5x magazines
Harris 6-9 bipod

I love my AE mk1 but my next rifle will be an AW. You might consider doing what the other poster mentioned, and pick this one up to shoot while you wait for a mk2 or an AW to come in. 3000 might be a little hard to resell it at without any extras though.

No, this is a brand new rifle, that has never been shot, except maybe at the factory. They have come down on the price again, I guess they really want to sell it to me.

I'll have to think about buying it and then ordering a Mark 2. That might be a good idea. Although do you think there will be a market for the Mark 1, now that the Mark 2 is out?

If you can get them to do $2800, strong buy on that rifle... in a heartbeat actually.

Who cares it only uses a 5 round magazine, the most intense case scenario is a match where, maybe you have to fire 10 rounds quickly, in which case, practice changing your mags. Before the Mk11 people were having no issue at all with this, so I don't see any reason not to take advantage of a great deal.

Everyone i know with a AE loves it, strong buy.