• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AI AE Mk III Sling Mounting Options

Doyle231

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2017
I'm looking for sling mounting options other than AI hooks, preferably a flush cup QD style mount. The QD setup by Victor Company has to be used with Viperskins by my understanding and I'm wanting to stick with my factory AI skins. Any suggestions??

If you're willing to drill holes in the side of the skins, you can install flush cups in the front of the chassis by using the screw-in KRG flush cups. The M5x.8 screw threads in to the factory bipod block. I know a couple guys have done this with their AEs when they installed the custom bipod mount I make.

https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/qd-sling-cup/

The Victor Rear OD mount should work with the factory skins, however; Victor's forward picatinny QD rail will only work with the Viper skins. I'll still need a mounting option at the front end. Considering the Victor Rear QD mount and drilling the chassis for the flush cups, we'll see!

Search my posts I just put a DIY tutorial up about two weeks ago.

Rear use the Victor company mount. For the front no drilling needed those plugs in the stock line up perfectly.

Use Magpul hardware.

I elected not to use the Viperskins with their flush cup rail sections because they are mounted to brass inserts molded into plastic.

Rifle with glass is not light and not cheap so I opted to go metal to metal.