• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AE MK3 gear shake down help please.

Geronimo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2010
columbus, ohio
So after selling my TRG a few years ago I finally got another good rifle. I have about 6 weeks before I can get everything together but wanted the hide's opinion on my final selection of gear for it. First is it better(hard?) to remove the pic rail and run a mount on the dovetail? Decided a Spuhr is what will be used here. Also since it's a .308 and my 3 choices of scope(vortex gen2 4.5-27/beast/kahles) all are 34mm tube/56mm bell what height and cant would be usable. Next seems easier an Atlas and spigot mount bt10nc and bt19 I think. Any thought or opinions on something better or different?

All excellent choices. You wont find the Vortex Gen II 4.5-27 anywhere. They are slated for release sometime this summer but nobody is talking as to exactly when.

Yeah was thinking hopefully in 6 weeks if they come out, still haven't seen the Beasts really start being in stock either. The Beast would be pushing my budget for sure, and I love the vortex price and the Kahles has a floating dot reticle in the msr-ish' k . Then Steiner has their new updates coming lol. A lot of options now in scopes, and my custom search doesn't work anymore so looking at old AI mount height threads is tough.

The Suphr mount has a good level built in. Your dealer should be able to tell you the height of the Suphr mount you'll need. You will want 4-5 magazines, so would get them now. Also will need a good bore guide and cleaning materials. I would recommend a soft over a hard case, if you won't be traveling a lot with your rifle. Kestrel weather station and binocs or scope for spotting. Bryan Litz has a killer ballistic app for $30. Ammo and you should be good for a while. Gook luck with for fine new rifle. Should keep you busy for years.

One question. Why not the new AI AT folder?

Got the ai ae for a lot less than a new at , Plus would prefer the new ax folder. This setup is beyond what I should spend, Really I doubt I would notice a square vs round receiver- flush vs extended 10 rd mags maybe, the other stuff is even smaller. If and When I get an 1827 annie, berretta 1301 comp, FA revolver etc then I will look at the at's. FWIW had a sphur on my trg , still have my cleaning bore guide which I think fits the ae, sold a pair of bushy 1600's that work great to 1600 and agree on a soft case. A terrapin or steiner bino is on the list too

Last edited:
The AIs are definately an addiction. I am a recent convert myself. Got this beauty of a 260 from Mile High 2 weeks ago. I am now officially ruined for anything else!

Attachments

• P1160707.jpg
    P1160707.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I have this setup on mine:
Murphy Precision titanium rail, bead blasted, 0° angle
Spuhr scope mount SP-4901, -31 MOA (-9mil), 1.18"

y7ebena5.jpg