• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AE MKI trigger

Shooterpaddleman

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
Hello to all members of the forum.
Have an issue with my AI AE MKI, the trigger mechanism seems to be not working properly. Started to look for replacement and can not find anything so far. May be someone can point where I can find one
Thank you

What’s the issue? AI, and only AI, can fix them. You shouldn’t need a replacement. AI did begin offering them for sale individually a while back. About $500 if I recall. Call mile high and get yours fixed.

Reactions: Shooterpaddleman
Problem is I am at another side of the globe)
Trigger issue is as follows:
When I close the bolt the pin at the back just goes back in. Sometimes when the bolt is open I can fix this by pushing the trigger with my finger and closing the bolt at the same time. Everything has been cleaned and checked, no obvious reason for this strange shit. And it is driving me mad ;(

What did you clean it with? You’re trigger is not resetting. If you take the skins off and inspect it, you’ll see that the two sears wipe across one another as they return to reset. This in unlike other triggers. As a test when they’re hung up like this, you can free it up by opening the bolt, and pressing the trigger all the way to the rear...you’ll hear a click(reset). My AW triggers will do this if I dry them out with lighter fluid(like I do with other triggers). On the AI trigger, I dry lube those two surfaces(and only those two) now after cleaning. You could also use a very light oil like silicone or Teflon.

I’ve never actually seen a mk1 trigger, as i only owned mk2 and later guns. My understanding though was that the guts were the same, but the trigger does not have the easy drop out access of the newer guns.

Thank you, will follow your advice.
Haven’t seen any mki triggers for sale, so you may be right that they r same as mkii, anyway I hope so)

They use to a have a part number for a “kit”, which included every part, but required them to assemble it(pinned together with special tooling), and they wouldn’t sell it in any form. It’s a fairly recent thing for them to offer complete triggers, but I’m guessing they probably aren’t stocking assembled mk1 triggers. You could remove the trigger and send it individually to mile high if needed

I’m out of town for a few days, but I can send some pics when I get back. 90% sure the problem is easily fixable.

Have you figured this out? If I am understanding this correctly you are running the bolt and the firing pin will not stay in the rear position. Sounds to me that you might have adjusted the trigger a little too light? Did you mess with the trigger at all? I agree to call Mile High Shooting to fix the issue. They can probably walk you through a fix over the phone.

Have you figured this out? If I am understanding this correctly you are running the bolt and the firing pin will not stay in the rear position. Sounds to me that you might have adjusted the trigger a little too light? Did you mess with the trigger at all? I agree to call Mile High Shooting to fix the issue. They can probably walk you through a fix over the phone.

The problem was due to a huge amount of dirt mixed with cleaning substances inside the trigger mechanism. It was completely taken apart and cleaned. Unfortunately in some places metal parts have corroded over the years. Anyway, the trigger works fine now