• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AE MKII and 20 round group.

Charliehorse794

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Tallahassee, Fl USA
I was thoroughly impressed with what my AI is capable of. This is a 20 round group shot fairly quickly at 100y. The diamond is 1". This is my favorite rifle. I did have one flyer but I can live with that.
smile.gif

100y 20 round group using Fed GMM 168g

AI20roundgroup.jpg

The rifle

AIAErightsidewatlas1.jpg

Re: AI AE MKII and 20 round group.

I won't ask how often you clean it
smirk.gif
but I will ask what reticle you have ? Nice shooting btw.

Nice shooting! Which bipod do you prefer? I have had both as well, I seem to shoot better with the Atlas and have less fatigue from holding the buttstock so hard, which is a necessity with the AI bipod (though still a huge upgrade from the Harris I had before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great grouping, great equipment, wish more would put up their targets. </div></div>

Most don't because of a few things-
a)the internet is full of screamer targets that aren't representative of the shooter/rifle's average performance
b) due to the above the administration of this website has guidelines regarding group postings
c) group shooting off a bench is nice for internet pictures, but pretty useless in the real world pf practical precision rifle shooting.

Everyone hears of "1/2 minute, all day long" rifles, that are never backed up by unaltered pictures of unaltered targets showing ten five shot groups averaging .5moa or better.
Its also amazing how many matches have moa+ sized targets that are never cleaned.......

My post above is no way meant to detract from the 20rd group posted.
That is definitely representative of the capabilities of an AI AE MKII with a good load and without a loose but behind the trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shooting! Which bipod do you prefer? I have had both as well, I seem to shoot better with the Atlas and have less fatigue from holding the buttstock so hard, which is a necessity with the AI bipod (though still a huge upgrade from the Harris I had before. </div></div>

I prefer the Atlas, hands down. I like how stable, solid, and adjustable it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great grouping, great equipment, wish more would put up their targets. </div></div>

Most don't because of a few things-
a)the internet is full of screamer targets that aren't representative of the shooter/rifle's average performance
b) due to the above the administration of this website has guidelines regarding group postings
c) group shooting off a bench is nice for internet pictures, but pretty useless in the real world pf practical precision rifle shooting.

Everyone hears of "1/2 minute, all day long" rifles, that are never backed up by unaltered pictures of unaltered targets showing ten five shot groups averaging .5moa or better.
Its also amazing how many matches have moa+ sized targets that are never cleaned....... </div></div>

I actually agree with you 100%. This is the first target I have posted for that same reason. If I saw a one hole group from someone claiming it to be 100+ yards but come to find out it was shot from 50y then that is a big issue. The only reason I posted this is because I was so impressed with the overall performance of this rifle once I got it DOPED. The fact that this is a factory rifle and capable of such performance is not surprising but I was still impressed. I am well aware of AI's reputation and I can say with confidence that these are one of the best, most accurate rifles on the market.

Was this prone? Benched? Rear bag or monopod or self supported?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elxx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was this prone? Benched? Rear bag or monopod or self supported? </div></div>

Group was shot prone. No rear bag or monopod. Self support. I use a Creedmore shooting mit when I shoot for rear support.