• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AE MKII barrel finish

kidkl

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2007
Colorado
Hello,

I recent picked up a used AI AE MKII with the 20" barrel and muzzle brake. Right before the muzzle brake starts that barrel has a ding in the finish. Anyone know what the default barrel coating is?

I was thinking of getting one of those Birchwood Casey super black touch-up pens and see if it would at least match the finish.

Re: AI AE MKII barrel finish

It looks too smooth to be regular Parkerizing. I never got a reply back when I emailed AINA.

In honesty, I wouldn't worry about it. If it really worries you, hit it with a sharpie and drive on. If you take it out of the case more than a couple times a year it's going to get some nics and scratches.

My NEW AE is only a couple months old and it's been drug through the dirt and sat in the rain. There are scuffs on the skins and the chassis from shooting over barricades, etc.

Really, it's not an AR15.
wink.gif

Re: AI AE MKII barrel finish

I don't know about the AE but I've used the BC black touch-up on my AW - works fine as a temporary fix but always seem to rub off after a few outings in the drag bag. Stopped worrying about it now