• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

AI AICS Chassis/R700SA

mark82

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2020
I purchased an older style (like AW) AICS chassis for a sa R700. Pretty sure the older mags are correct (they do fit in and click). Took it to my smith and asked him to install my action since he working on it anyway. He called today and said the action fits fine but when he torques it down, the mag wont insert far enough to click in.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Yes, that is the final option but I was first wondering if I had the plan wrong;
R700sa action in AICS with AIAW mag should be drop-in?

Then, apparently there are different AI mags and I was concerned that perhaps I am using incompatible parts.

This is not a cheap parts kluge. It should work IF I have compatible parts. To have to cut mags or chassis parts is not a preferred method as then I have to have special mags for that single rifle or risk ruining the chassis.

Thanks

Last edited:
OK, so the answer I got was that this setup requires the use of something called "AICS" mags. Otherwise the reciever must be machined or the feed lips cut (bad).

Now to find quality "AICS" mags. Was also suggested to not use magpul.

Ok yes I didn’t see that it was an AW mag. To use those you need an AW cut action for the double side feeding and the AICS mag is set up for single center feed

I haven't had any issues with Magpul AICS mags in multiple chassis and stocks, including two AX AICS chassis, Oryx chassis, and the HMR stock.

Accuracy International #3902 10 rounders are good to go.

Yea man, you have to use AICS-patterned mags in an AICS. Buy AI AICS Mags and you won’t have a problem. You can find em used for good prices in the PX.