• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AT and AICS AT Stock Compatibility

blindspotter

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2018
I have a fixed stock AT, If I were to purchase a folding AICS AT can I swap the stocks and turn my AT rifle into a folder? I could then use the fixed stock AICS for another project. Just wondering if there are any issues with doing that.

Explain to me how you’re going to un-bond your AT and make it fit in a Rem 700 inlet....

If I remember correctly just the tail section will unbond and you can use just the tail section. Post some pics of your AT chassis rear section.

I know they were selling a kit to put the AX rear on a AT

That was a folder AT, to a folder AX rear. Of course, if you were willing to take a hack saw to your AI chassis, and could purchase a folder mechanism and AX rear...

That's not what I had in mind, I mean swap the buttstocks like guys do with the AX style folder on an AT.
Pretty sure the non-folding AI AT has a solid chassis (no break in the back bone for a hinge mechanism). I could be wrong though...

That was a folder AT, to a folder AX rear. Of course, if you were willing to take a hack saw to your AI chassis, and could purchase a folder mechanism and AX rear...

I thought I saw people that did the AT to AX folder swap selling their AT folders as an upgrade for a fixed stock AT, maybe I need more coffee...

Maybe I do too. ?
Looks like the AX folder upgrade comes with the hinge. So, if your non-folding AT can allow de-bonding the fixed rear stock, then you could theoretically slap an AX rear on it. Or, source an AT folder from one of that guys that upgraded to an AX.

Last edited:
Reactions: blindspotter
Pretty sure the non-folding AI AT has a solid chassis (no break in the back bone for a hinge mechanism). I could be wrong though...

It’s not solid. You can convert non-folders.

And to the OP, I believe the hinge on the AICS would work, but that’s just from looking at it. Not from doing it myself. So take it for what it’s worth...

I had an non folding AT and am almost positive it is two pieces

Reactions: blindspotter
I Installed an AX but stock on my AT. A non folding stock AT can be converted to a folding butt stock AT. I don't know if a AICS but stock will work on an AT. Here is the thread for the conversion.
fullsizeoutput_408.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I knew the answer was out there. Just bought the chassis and can't wait to get this done!