• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AT ARCA Swiss Rail options

DDay Boy

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2018
Hello everyone, first post here. Just picked up an AI AT chassis 6.5 creed build. Would like to have an ARCA Swiss Rail added for adaptability. Searched sites nothing stands out. Really don’t like the wiggle the bipod has. Atlas bipod with the AI spigot mount. Any help advice appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 919073C5-352C-4083-A709-A78E1951C70E.jpeg
    919073C5-352C-4083-A709-A78E1951C70E.jpeg
    547.4 KB · Views: 432
HRD Gear makes a good rail with mounting hardware options for just about any popular chassis or stock. They're available in 9" or 11" lengths.

You'd want to order their UAF rail with the AI AX/AT mounting hardware to fit onto your chassis properly.

I assume you are talking about the rotation on the spigot where the flats between the spigot and chassis have a little clearance. If so use skateboard grip tape on the vertical surfaces of the spigot and the chassis where they mate. It will help it lock up tight.

Reactions: DDay Boy
It looks like an older chassis as mentioned ... but toss that spigot thing as far as you can. HRD on this one.. way way bitter than the spigot

F25C2DD4-F33D-4B28-967B-A2B3C41371D9.jpeg

Also Henderson Precision has m-lock, Keymod, T-nuts etc all will work.

It looks like an older chassis as mentioned ... but toss that spigot thing as far as you can. HRD on this one.. way way bitter than the spigot

View attachment 7012330
What is the plate over the tripod? I’ve got a legacy and can’t find a plate that doesn’t use the AT key slots. Or is that an AT?

All I have seen from hrd is the rail. Is there a plate that contours the bevel in front of the mag? I thought @Diver160651 was saying his was a legacy not an AT. Not sure though.
Sorry, I have AT and AXs. What I was suggesting is just go with the full plate as far back as you can on the older chassis. With a good tripod and head it will still be stable.

With a Bipod using the longer rail in the front you’ll have even a more stable platform than the spigot and be able to slide it back for shooting off barrels and other small footprint areas.

Last edited:
Reactions: DDay Boy
Sorry, I have AT and AXs. What I was suggesting is just go with the full plate as far back as you can on the older chassis. With a good tripod and head it will still be stable.

With a Bipod using the longer rail in the front you’ll have even a more stable platform than the spigot and be able to slide it back for shooting off barrels and other small footprint areas.
I got ya. I was hoping there was a plate for the legacy!

I placed an order with MHSA HRD universal 11” rail and mounting hardware for a legacy series. Fingers crossed.

HRD GEAR UAF-09: FULL-LENGTH ARCA RAIL FOR SA FOREND- 9"

HRD Gear UAFN-AI:
Hardware to Attach HRD Gear Universal Rail (UAFN 9) to Accuracy International AT/AX

fullsizeoutput_fd0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_fda.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_fdf.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: WallaWalla6mmCM
Impressive, never thought I'd see a rifle accessory priced 60% higher than the RRS version.

HRD GEAR UAF-09: FULL-LENGTH ARCA RAIL FOR SA FOREND- 9"

HRD Gear UAFN-AI:
Hardware to Attach HRD Gear Universal Rail (UAFN 9) to Accuracy International AT/AX

View attachment 7177308View attachment 7177309View attachment 7177311

Why are you showing pics of a RRS rail with a link to an HRD rail?