• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AT...Got mine today 6.5CM Flat Dark Earth, along with the Vortex Razor Gen 3...Now I need a little help

LONG RNG

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2019
Ohio
So I finally got my first AI ! Now I need some help on components to piece things together. It is my intention to shoot PRS matches. So with that being said I need to buy a few things that I'm aware of AND a few things I'm sure I'm not aware of...

I do not know which Spuhr mount # will go on the #26981 20MOA that will work for the GEN 3 Razor 6-36X56 that will allow caps to clear.
I do not know which ARCA Rail to get if I want it to be full length (and possibly past the front end).
Bipod? Model # would be very helpful too..
Factory Match ammo that any of you have found to run well in your AI AT 6.5CM 24"?
Can you recommend a good backpack for carrying everything during PRS matches.

Anything you can think of that I need/might be missing on just the initial set-up would be helpful too...

Don

Attachments

• D4B778B4-21C4-4666-BF5F-494742E29DA4_1_201_a.jpeg
    D4B778B4-21C4-4666-BF5F-494742E29DA4_1_201_a.jpeg
    385.1 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
1.5” SPUHR. No need for additional cant if it’s going on a canted rail. So either a 4002 or a 4602.

Any rail you like. Check with Area 419 for fitment.

MDT Ckyepod

HORNADY ELDM ammo. If it won’t shoot that, send the rifle back.

Fehu Outdoors backpack.

And for Chrissakes, post a pic.

Other things that make match shooting better. Some essentially required. Others, optional but recommended:

. Kestrel

Recently bought an AT like AZengraver. Interested as well in recommendations from AT users. Plan to do range work and a few PRS-like comps a year. So, here's a bump to the thread.

Thanks to all who respond!

Reactions: LONG RNG
1.5” SPUHR. No need for additional cant if it’s going on a canted rail. So either a 4002 or a 4602.

Any rail you like. Check with Area 419 for fitment.

MDT Ckyepod

HORNADY ELDM ammo. If it won’t shoot that, send the rifle back.

Fehu Outdoors backpack.

And for Chrissakes, post a pic.

We shot the 140ELDM factory Hornady stuff at the PRE.
I would try that first.

Option A or B? and if you care to add a C or give me your thoughts, that will be helpful....

Option A: Spigot with an Atlas BT46 under it and an RRS arca rail for Tripod or moveable barricade stop...
Option B: sawtooth Arca rail that extends past the front end and run the bipod on the arca rail swell as the other options.

Side note: anyone running a Dead air sandman S on your AI 6.5cm? Like it?

Option A or B? and if you care to add a C or give me your thoughts, that will be helpful....

Option A: Spigot with an Atlas BT46 under it and an RRS arca rail for Tripod or moveable barricade stop...
Option B: sawtooth Arca rail that extends past the front end and run the bipod on the arca rail swell as the other options.

Side note: anyone running a Dead air sandman S on your AI 6.5cm? Like it?
I run option A and like it. Bipod closer to the barrel. I don’t shoot prs though
198F7A57-C9C7-4DD2-BA40-D82FB11E792E.jpeg
746DD7FD-4963-49F3-98F7-6B4ABC093EE8.jpeg
4C74E312-65B1-4F26-9172-00370B237356.jpeg
F1BD294E-FE83-4C76-93FD-91A23CCAADA3.jpeg

Reactions: Snaz
I run option A and like it. Bipod closer to the barrel. I don’t shoot prs though
View attachment 7857884View attachment 7857886View attachment 7857887View attachment 7857885
Thank you for the info and pics! Is the ARCA Rail this one? (ST) BAI-AT2....and the spigot this one?

Anarchy Outdoors: Accuracy International AT Picatinny Spigot ?​

Did you do your own camo paint? or who? and did you just send the panels to be painted?
Do you still like the Two round holder?

Last edited:
Thank you for the info and pics! Is the ARCA Rail this one? (ST) BAI-AT2....and the spigot this one?

Did you do your own camp paint? or who? and did you just send the panels to be painted?

- Yes

- Yes

Did you do your own camp paint? or who? and did you just send the panels to be painted?

- Purchased from the px here with that camo already. The original stock skins match but I prefer the thumbhole skins. Not sure who did the camo job

- Yes

Reactions: LONG RNG