• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AT to 6mm

cro789

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2008
    TN
    I am looking at running a 6mm in my AI AT. Can anyone say which one. 6 mm GT, Dasher, 6x47. I would like to just do a barrel swap. I have a 6ARC and am loving the 6mm. Any suggestion would be very helpful.

6cm would give you the least amount of issues and extra mods

Reactions: ShtrRdy
    I use 6GT, it requires me to be mindful when loading the magazine to ensure all the rounds are positioned as forward as possible. But if I do that I don't have feeding issues.

Any 6BR based in an AI will be a gamble, especially without magazine modifications or a mag spacer. Some/most get it to work with some effort, where others (like me) had issues right off the bat and said screw it.

6 Creed is 100% the easy button, 6x47L will feed just as good but in general is more effort for sourcing brass, factory ammo, etc.

Anyone tried the HRD magazine mod with the 6BR? For some reason that round has got my attention.

Reactions: trophyhunter
    Anyone tried the HRD magazine mod with the 6BR? For some reason that round has got my attention.
    Pretty sure my buddy runs that kit with his 6x47 in his AX and has had no problems.

It's weird but the issues he had with the 6x47 in his AX I don't have with my AT.

Went ahead and ordered a 6BR barrel now the waiting game starts. Looking at the Short Action Custom die set

Reactions: camocorvette
    Got Lapua brass Berger 105 sac dies just now waiting on the barrel. Also got two HRD spacer kits. I think I have everything. The har part is waiting on the barrel.

Got Lapua brass Berger 105 sac dies just now waiting on the barrel. Also got two HRD spacer kits. I think I have everything. The har part is waiting on the barrel.
    Who is doing the barrel?

I'm running a 6BRA with the HRD kits in aw mags. Had flawless feeding with one, lackluster in the other. The one that is flawless I haven't touched. The other I also haven't touch lol

Reactions: Defender3
    I’ve been running HRD mags in mine when my stock springs failed(to many rounds). I’ve gone through about 4 barrels with HRD mags without a hiccup or mod. I run a version of 6BRA.

I ran 6BR for a barrel, no issues with that either.

6creed is the easy button, but start buyin barrels, it’s a tomato stake maker.

HRD kits work well with my AX mags and 6 Dasher as long as I always run the bolt fast. If I feed rounds slow the last round can nosedive. When I run the bolt fast they feed 100%.

Hi, I see that you’re selling a six Dasher barrel for your AI and I will just have a few questions for you. I also have an AT with a newly spun dasher barrel on it and I’ve been having a really hard time getting the rounds. I have HRD kits but don’t have great success, did my first match yesterday and was getting all sort of double feeds and nosedives

Has this been your experience as well? Any of you guys running a dasher or BR in their AI would be willing to help me with tuning my mags ?