• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AT-X Folding Mechanism

PRDRIVER

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 18, 2005
    SLC, UT
    I've mentioned this to Mile High. Maybe someone from AI will see this here.

In my opinion the AT-X should come standard with a folding mechanism. Look at the parts that need to be built for a non folder and for a folder. The folder doesn't need that much more machining when it comes to overall parts.

Back in the day non folder AT rifles had a rigid one piece chassis. They could not be converted to a folder. Fast forward to today and the fixed stock needs nearly as many parts machined as the folding mechanism.

I'm sure many customers would appreciate the folding stock being standard.

On a side note a .223 and magnum bolt faces would be nice along with corresponding magazines. Also, I believe limited runs of the older AT in a folder with the thumb hole AW style panels would probably be pretty well received.

Attachments

• IMG_2874.jpg
      IMG_2874.jpg
      546.8 KB · Views: 86
    Why would you if people are paying to upgrade for a folder and you are making money on it?

I agree they would sell a ton thumbhole folder kits

Why would you if people are paying to upgrade for a folder and you are making money on it?

I agree they would sell a ton thumbhole folder kits
    Heck add $250 to the rifle and include the folder. Consumers shouldn’t need to hunt for them and or wait months for a folding mechanism.

I’ve had more than a few people hit me up to see if they can buy the hinge in this picture.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    I agree. I want an atx but the promises that are said about magnum bolts and parts is frustrating. At least D Tech and Lmt have good parts availability.

All of my pig guns (AR platform) share the same Ergo grip that the AT-X comes with here in the 'States, so the transition for my firing hand was easy...but I understand the desire to have options...you just aren't going to get that with an AI.

I agree that a $250 price hike for a factory folder would probably outsell the non-folder by quite a bit.

I got lucky with finding my folding mechanism, because I was taking a shit and checking out the 'Hide at just the right time one day to see the post about availability pop up.😄

Reactions: PRDRIVER