• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AT-X R700 SA Chassis Minimum Barrel Length?

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    I’ve searched and can’t find an answer. Putting an Impact in an AT-X chassis system and need to order a few barrels. Does anyone know the minimum barrel length that works with this chassis and can’t still be threaded for a can. Or if someone can measure from the recoil lug area forward I can figure it out that way too.

From the face of the action, behind the recoil lug, to the end of the stock is ~16 3/4". My 18" barrel extends 5/8" past the end of the stock.

I remember seeing a reference to a "short" AT-X AICS, somewhere. Have no idea where that was. Would be nice to have one that worked with a 16" barrel.

From the face of the action, behind the recoil lug, to the end of the stock is ~16 3/4". My 18" barrel extends 5/8" past the end of the stock.

I remember seeing a reference to a "short" AT-X AICS, somewhere. Have no idea where that was. Would be nice to have one that worked with a 16" barrel.

ETA is still unknown on those. They are geared towards the rimfire crowd where shorter barrels are common.

But.....who knows when it will be in the wild.

Mile High has had the short AT-X AICS showing in stock for a while now.