• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AW or Surgeon scalpel (308)

terrygood

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2009
Atlantic city NJ
I have plenty of 700s siting in the safe. I know that these are two differnt setups. I also will get rid of them one day,so which one will hold value better? I have never shot out a barrel or abussed a rifle in the past. Maybe I should be more focused on getting real job?

Re: AI AW or Surgeon scalpel (308)

i tell you, i really liked the recent badger actioned rifle that Terry posted. give me that with a few extra barrels and i would be very happy.

now, getting that rifle from Terry might be impossible or just take a long wait as i hear he is very busy, but it should save some money versus the ai route.

I think the AIAW would hold its value longer. of course that depends on how much you pay for it to start with.

I have read a article on the surgeon actions and it mentioned terry cross. Is he the owner of the company? I did not know that Badger made receivers. I think I am goint to buy them both. I think that they both have there ups and very few if any downs.

terry cross or travis redell built surgeon has few equals, BUY AMERICAN
wink.gif

Nice. How is the Sentinel for getting a proper angle on the trigger - do you find yourself using the thumbhole?

Well I have not had a problem with the claws.

I love every thing about the sentinel stock. And the angle for the trigger is just fine.

Thanks,
L.

All in all it has every thing I want in a scope. And I think it is a little nicer then my S&B's.

L.

Do you think it was worth it? I bought a USO and I sold 6 months later. I did not think it was worth the money. I have a s&b p11 10X40, and I think it is well worth it.

I say go with a complete Surgeon Scalpel build. I am no way biased at all.
wink.gif
This was my choice (below) when I got a new build. I am very happy with it. I don't think resale is an issue to be concerned with here. Just get the one you like the most and enjoy it.

6ylhf8.jpg

s0y9n8.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: terryg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you think it was worth it? I bought a USO and I sold 6 months later. I did not think it was worth the money. I have a s&b p11 10X40, and I think it is well worth it. </div></div>
My personal choice is the S&B and I would love another one. They are oooh sooo nice. The standard to aspire and pass. That said, my next scope will probably be a Premier Heritage. They are the up and comming premier scope. Pun intended. OBTW, I have slimmed and fingered them enough to know I like them.

I also had a USO scope and sent it back for a refund. I got the S&B immediately after that and not looked back. I am not a USO fan. For the money the Heritage will be better in my opinion. Good luck in your selections.

Your S&B that you have in the picture I think would be the one. I dont think you need a large objective with varible power? Do you feel the need for more magnification? Also I bought a surgeon from Jensen Arms in CO. $4600 For now I will use a old Baush & lomb 10X40 tactical.

It has a 42mm objective which I like the lower profile and the smaller knobs help keep it lower as well. The larger objectives can give you a larger exit pupil which is favorable for lower light conditions. Not an issue for me. A max 16x scope is more than enough magnification for this 308 rifle. Plenty to shoot out to 1000 yd. I don't desire any more magnification.

Congrats on the new rifle. I assume it is the Scalpel. Can you please list the specifics for us? That rifle deserves a good scope. Go get a Premier Heritage from Scott at Liberty Optics. At least put that S&B 10x40 on there until you can get a Heritage or better S&B. Good luck with it. Post some pix and range report soon. There is also a Surgeon picture thread going as well. Take care.

http://www.libertyoptics.com/

Also, please get some Seekins scope rings. You will be very glad you did.