• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AW Question

vno.helix

"comfort is the enemy of progress"
Minuteman
May 22, 2011
Los Angeles
www.linkedin.com
Can someone explain to me the different stock configurations on the AI AW rifles. Is it a newer v/s older model? What is the advantage, which do you prefer and why?

Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 5
Too funny, the bottom picture is of the one I have for sale. I wish I could answer your question.

Last edited:
They're just the new vs old skins the newer version being the bottom pic.....There is nothing different with the rifle's other than the plastic skins. It's a matter of personal preference really I have used the old skins, the new skins and also the viper skins from Victor Company. I personally prefer the Viper skins the most but everyone will have their own opinion.

You are the owner of the AI listed on Gunbroker? I am ready to purchase an AI. Most likely an AT but if I run into a good deal AW then I will go for it, either 308 or 300. The question I am asking myself though is; Why would I pay anything more for an AW then what I would pay for a new AT which has more options after all? Pesonally I don't care that much for the quick barrel change feature. Its nice, sure. 6 locking lugs, nice, but needed? Not sure. But in comparison, paying more for an AW? Why? Am I missing something?

Yes, I own the one on gunbroker.The auction has ended and a whole lot of piece just fell in place the last few weeks so I've decided to keep it, I was just letting the auction ride because there were some people watching it. Good luck on your search for what you value and want. Enjoy what ever it is that you buy.

ps I think the other one on gunbroker is a good deal with the 7 magazines, case etc.

Last edited:
Good for you :) It would have been a shame to have to get rid of such a nice piece of machinery. I believe what is destined will come my way for a good price. Am not in a hurry.

Take care and thanks for your reply.