• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

AI AW rail question

ethridgemd

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2010
Colorado
I pulled my AI AW 338 out of the safe last night and pulled the aged scope off of it. The scope was mounted with what appears to be a dovetail type mount. Is there an option for a picatinny rail attachment to this flat surface to allow for a 20 MOA rail? If so, where would I be able to find one? I've looked on AI website and eurooptic but was unable to find anything.

Thanks for the help.

The can't is built into the mount. Call the guys at EuroOptic and they'll tell you which AI mount you need. Spuhr makes a model for them to.

I pulled my AI AW 338 out of the safe last night and pulled the aged scope off of it. The scope was mounted with what appears to be a dovetail type mount. Is there an option for a picatinny rail attachment to this flat surface to allow for a 20 MOA rail? If so, where would I be able to find one? I've looked on AI website and eurooptic but was unable to find anything.

Thanks for the help.

I am not sure if you can get a picatinny rail for it but I am pretty sure that spuhr make a direct mount that you could get with a 20 moa cant built in.

The factory rail was permanently attached. I can’t remember if it was declinated.

The dovetail mount is a very good exceptionally sturdy mount & I would suggest just getting the 1 piece scope mount that fits it.

AI made one with 34mm rings and I think also 30mm rings.
There was an 18MOA one and a few other choices.
Run a S&B or similar 34mm tube scope and you'll be all set to go.