• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI-AX Chassis question

Kimber.204

A Stranger in a Strange Land
Minuteman
May 30, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I have been drooling over the AX308 in the for sale section:

I have a question about the butt stock. At the back end the length of pull adjustment is a relatively narrow component.
Has anyone had any issues with this setup? I assume based on who makes and and it's typical intended use that it is more than adequate to be a range gun for me, I'm just curious. None of the shops around me have any AI's for me check out and answer the question on my own.

1565280087372.png

Thanks for the feedback.
Ross

I am not sure what your question is...

What you have circled is just the lop adjustment bar and it's associated tension knob. If you are asking if it is solid or not it is. It's metal and it holds really well.

If you are asking if it is solid or not it is. It's metal and it holds really well.

Yeah, that's what I'm asking. It just looks odd to me slightly off center and as far as I can tell in the picture, it's relatively thin.....It looks like you could deflect it if you we really leaning on the gun (bad position).

Thanks for the reply....I really need to get my hands on one of these.

Yeah, that's what I'm asking. It just looks odd to me slightly off center and as far as I can tell in the picture, it's relatively thin.....It looks like you could deflect it if you we really leaning on the gun (bad position).

No it's solid you just need to make sure the knob is tightened down. If you run butpad spacers, you don't need to have that bar fully extended either

IMG-20181229-WA0005~2.jpg

I agree with @Huskydriver the rear length of pull adjustment is solid once tightened down via the part you circled. If you're in PA a road trip to Eurooptic may be a good thing, you may spend too much $ :cool: since you may buy more than just the AI, but they should have AIs there to check out.

It’s made the throw off a mountain and still work. She ain’t going no where.

Owned them and tried to break it like I do everything else.

Couldn’t.