• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AX fit and Adjustability

IW21

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2013
Where ever the work is
So I recently upgraded from a Rem 700 5r/Leupold combo to a SAKO TRG22/S&B 3-20. I can't be any happier really. But i've really been wanting an AX in 260. But i'm not seeing how the AX chassis would be as comfortable, or as adjustable. Maybe i'm missing somerhing. Can anyone chime in who has or does own/shoot both...?

I'm not lookin to get rid of the TRG, just always wanted an AX

I had two TRG's and currently have an AX. Everything that you need to adjust is there. The ergonomics on the TRG is great but the AX is just as good. I have my other complaints about the TRG like mag cost, ejection port size, safety being in the trigger, and beretta taking 4 months to replace the stock that easily broke, but ergonomics aren't one of them. If you shoot comps I find the design of the AX stock better for shooting off barricades and rooftops as well.

Thankyou Dave and Redneck! I havn't gotten to where i'm shooting comps yet, someday hopefully when I decide to slow my schedule a bit. The AX MC looks like the ticket with the right side folder. DAVE, have you heard of AI offering a right side folder fix for the old AX? Would it even be possible to retrofit? I'm guessing some machining would have to be done