• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AX MkIII

Chargerguy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2017
Saw the IG post by AI today. Anyone in the know have any info they can share on this rifle and the differences between it and the AXSR? I know the info will come soon enough, but my impatience is getting the best of me.

My assumption is the AX MKIII is the "AXSR"? (replacing the current AXMC)

It looks like the AX MKIII is the non-$20,000 version of the ASR, much like the AXMC was after the PSR was released.

Unless "AXSR" will be the designation for the new short action only AX platform (aka replacing the current AX308)

My assumption is the AX MKIII is the "AXSR"? (replacing the current AXMC)

It looks like the AX MKIII is the non-$20,000 version of the ASR, much like the AXMC was after the PSR was released.

Unless "AXSR" will be the designation for the new short action only AX platform (aka replacing the current AX308)

That was my assumption also, but the OP asked and AI said “different name, different rifle” which leads me to believe it isn’t the AXSR. EuroOptic and MHSA still have the AXSR for preorder on their websites

Yeah, the deployments kits always come first followed by the production/peasant version.

Suspiciously the SA version is the only thing that hasn’t been leaked/confirmed.

Reactions: Chargerguy
That was my assumption also, but the OP asked and AI said “different name, different rifle” which leads me to believe it isn’t the AXSR. EuroOptic and MHSA still have the AXSR for preorder on their websites

Yeah, the deployments kits always come first followed by the production version.

Suspiciously the SA version is the only thing that hasn’t been leaked/confirmed.
Only in AI-world is a $9k rifle the peasant version haha.

I see what appear to be RRS rails on the bottom of the handguard and where the pad used to be, with a barricade stop at the back of the pad, it's using AR15 grips, looks like the buttstock is push button instead of thumbwheel and the cheek piece is wider

May have missed other stuff

Looks like they updated the AX(MC) with dovetail bottom rail and forearm that is on the AXSR. Also looks like they kept the AX stock but can't see if they kept the safety also. If this is the case, those are great changes.

Jesus F*ing Christ ???.... this is the AXSR... nothing more, nothing less

You can get on the pre-order through EuroOptic or Mile High

Reactions: Zane777
Jesus F*inf Christ ???.... this is the AXSR... nothing more, nothing less

You can get on the pre-order through EuroOptic or Mile High
In a way, AI is doing it by saying “different name, different rifle” in their social media responses.

Maybe they mean the “AX MKIII” has a UK proofed Lothar Walther barrel, while the AXSR has a Bartlein ?

Bearing in mind... The one previously shown had things like the MLOK fore end (not the AI Key Mod as seen), two position lever safety, slightly different stock section with removal of upper angled support, open top cut action, top rail bubble level, removed plastic hand guard (as seen), AR style pistol grip (seen) etc... For government contracts.

I would say this IS their AX MK3... Don't read into it too much, you'll get a headache :ROFLMAO:

i agree it looks to be the axsr, but what gives me pause in thinking that is why they have the bipod on a pic rail section, as opposed to on the arca which runs the full length of the handguard on the asr doesnt it? but then again maybe yu can plug in a pic section under the arca, but i dont know why you would.

theyve notibly shaded the handguard a bit

i agree it looks to be the axsr, but what gives me pause in thinking that is why they have the bipod on a pic rail section, as opposed to on the arca which runs the full length of the handguard on the asr doesnt it? but then again maybe yu can plug in a pic section under the arca, but i dont know why you would.

theyve notibly shaded the handguard a bit
The picture/pose is identical to the current gen AXMC on the AI website. I don't think anything is being shaded on purpose, and I think most people outside of our scene still use picatinny rails for bipods so that's why it's shown that way. (Or AI didn't have a RRS bipod adapter on hand for the photo shoot LOL)

1579181645156.png

Seen they announced on Instagram yesterday the AX MkIII, and then today they announced the AXSR at Shot Show next week. Definitely two rifles... question will be what differentiates them from each other.

Okay ladies,

The MkIII and AXSR have minor difference. Nothing specified yet.

UK will have the MkIII and we'll have the AXSR in the states I believe

I bet what @samb300 said about MkIII having a Lothar Walther vs a Bartlein in the AXSR is one of those "minor differences"
Yea it just hit me like a ton of bricks lol. MKIII is being shown at the Great Britton show according the IG and the ASXR is the shot show gun. Wonder if they’ll be LA only still?

AXMC LE, I'm keen to see more about this one...
AXMCLE.JPG

Last edited: