• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AXMC 26" 6.5 Creedmoor (break or no break)

2 Shot

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2014
Ordering an AI AXMC 6.5 Creed to shoot PRS type matches, is there a benefit to having a muzzle break if your not planning on using a silencer? My thought was for noise reduction. If recommended, which one works best for this caliber? First post and new to any type of LR games.

Thanks

Muzzle breaks reduce recoil. They actually tend to make the gun louder than it would be without a brake. I am not too sure which one would work the best with 6.5cm but it is not a heavy recoiling caliber. I'm sure others will have plenty of suggestions.

If you are going to run matches, PRS or otherwise, I believe it would be beneficial to run a brake for the recoil reduction and ability to keep the muzzle level when doing multiple target engagements, etc...off of barricades or improvised shooting positions. As stated before brakes produce more noise and blast but you'll be wearing ear pro and most of the time you'll probably be running a stage on your own so take every advantage you can get using a brake.

If you are going to run matches get a brake or suppressor to help keep the muzzle down, which will be beneficial in spotting your shots.