• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AI AXMC scope mount

excess

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
St Louis, MO
I am picking up an AI AXMC (with 30MOA built into the rail) and will be putting a Nightforce 7-35 ATACR F1 on it. I am trying to figure out if I should use a 0 or 10 MOA mount, or even more can't. I will have 338LM and 300NM barrels for it. Any advice on what cant mount? I'd like a 100 yard zero.

ATACR 7-35x F1 has 100 MOA (29 MILs) total adjustment, of course 50 percent of that is wasted with a 0 MOA total declination (cant is a bad word when it comes to optics bases and mounts).

I personally run 10 MOA Spuhr mounts on AXMC‘s. SP-4302 specifically with a 56mm objective, plus caps. Gives 40 MOA total declination. 45-50 MOA total would be "ideal" if looking to squeeze every last turn out of the elevation turret, but that is cutting it close to no 100 yard zero generally.

You’ll be just fine at 40 MOA total.

I have a Ruger RPR 338 LM with a S&B 5-25 PM2 rifle has a built in 30 MOA rail and my SPUHR mount has 20 MOA so I have a total of 50 MOA and I was able to get a 100yd zero. At 100yds I am almost bottomed out. Jerry from S&B gave me some good advice that when I am finished shooting not to leave it at my 100yd zero. He suggested when the rifle was to be stored to dial it back up past the second rev indicator that way the scope was resting more in the middle of its travel so the erector spring didn't stay compressed. Anyway I started doing that with any rifle/scope combo that has built in cant.

My 7-35 ATACR has 36.7 mils of travel. @MACHTECH has a few and are all over or at 35 mils if I remember correctly. And he is using 60moa base/mount combo and still able to zero at 100.

50 moa is just fine with the 7-35 ATACR

I have a Ruger RPR 338 LM with a S&B 5-25 PM2 rifle has a built in 30 MOA rail and my SPUHR mount has 20 MOA so I have a total of 50 MOA and I was able to get a 100yd zero. At 100yds I am almost bottomed out. Jerry from S&B gave me some good advice that when I am finished shooting not to leave it at my 100yd zero. He suggested when the rifle was to be stored to dial it back up past the second rev indicator that way the scope was resting more in the middle of its travel so the erector spring didn't stay compressed. Anyway I started doing that with any rifle/scope combo that has built in cant.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
I have an AI AXMC with a 30 moa rail with a Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x56 sitting on a Spuhr SP-4602 which has a 6mil/20.6moa. is zeroed at 100yds with no issues