• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AXSR sear engagement adjustment

seraphs

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2020
Recently I found my AXSR would not hold the firing pin when I closed the bolt. I fixed similar issue by adjusting the sear engagement for my other rifles before. But I cannot find any instructions/manuals for adjusting the AXSR trigger. Sent an email to Mile High but got no responses. Anyone had experience for adjusting an AXSR trigger?

axsr sear.gif

I may be remembering incorrectly, isn’t it same (or at least similar) to the comp trigger?

Should be the general instructions online.

It's the sear, I've had this happen to me with the short action Comp Trigger. 1/4 turn was all it took, but there was a step-by-step procedure to adjust it.

Like literally and 1/8 to a 1/4 turn prolly is all that is needed. Should be the same as tube comp trigger instructions

Got the instruction and it turned out to be the two screws underneath. But the hex screws seem to be sealed by some hard material (wax? epoxy?) and my 0.050" hex key cannot poke through. Anyone saw the same thing before??

WIN_20211213_23_01_04_Pro.jpg

Call Mile high. If it’s like the older model triggers they can reset it for you without the rifle.

Tom Meyers runs X-Treme Shooting Products.

His email is [email protected]
Their website seems to be down, his phone number is (513) 313-3464
His website normally is: http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/

He is the guy who designed the Comp trigger for AI - which looks like the one your running (based on looking at the shoe). I run his triggers on all my Rem 700's and I have the AT-X which uses his comp trigger - I also swapped it into my AX-SA previously.

He should be able to help you if you can't get a hold of anybody else, but he is pretty busy since he has a fairly small shop.

You can take a look at the way back machine for old version of his website (fairly recent) but you maybe should call him first:

http://x-tremeshooting.com/images/Model 22 Trigger Installation & Adjustment - 2014.pdf

I heard back from Tom - he and his wife are recovering from COVID-19 so he may be a bit unresponsive. Additionally his hosting provider went out of business a while ago which is why his website is down and he lost his domain. He is most easily reached via Facebook he says.