• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI Barrels & Rails

Josch13579

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2020
Hey all, looking for some info on a pre 14' AI AX. Just received the rifle & its a 2013 year model. what's the deal on the barrels? I understand the 14+ stuff is quick change, but when shopping for a replacement are the barrels from say proof, mile high, etc. are they the same thread?
Also, what are the guys with AX's running for a rail system for ARCA with use for bipods & tripods? I see that saw tooth has a rail for the flat section of the rail on the bottom of the handguard & area 419 offers a dang speed square for the bottom of the rifle. Just seeing what you guys use. Thanks!

Pre-2014 short-action AW/AX and post-2014 AT/AX (short action) share the same barrel thread (M27), so the barrels are interchangeable.

These barrels can also be used in AE, but AE barrels cannot be used in AW/AT/AX.

Reactions: Josch13579
Hey all, looking for some info on a pre 14' AI AX. Just received the rifle & its a 2013 year model. what's the deal on the barrels? I understand the 14+ stuff is quick change, but when shopping for a replacement are the barrels from say proof, mile high, etc. are they the same thread?
Also, what are the guys with AX's running for a rail system for ARCA with use for bipods & tripods? I see that saw tooth has a rail for the flat section of the rail on the bottom of the handguard & area 419 offers a dang speed square for the bottom of the rifle. Just seeing what you guys use. Thanks!
Curious about the arca rail myself. Just bought an axsa. I like area 419 a lot. Can't decide about that ax wedge though. I see most people running the sawtooth or rrs piece.

Victor Company makes an arca rail handguard. Area419 as was mentioned. Sawtooth makes quite a bit of stuff for the AX.

Curious about the arca rail myself. Just bought an axsa. I like area 419 a lot. Can't decide about that ax wedge though. I see most people running the sawtooth or rrs piece.
I think I'm just gonna go with the sawtooth setup myself

I have both a pre 14 AIAX and AIAE I use the action wrench sold by OTM Tactical. I have changed many barrels with this set up with out issue. For a barrel vise I use the Viper barrel vice.

Reactions: Josch13579