• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI chassis for Anschutz

Perhaps MK Machining could make one?
Actually, it really would not be that hard, you would create a CAD model with the KeySlot attachment and forend geometry. You could start with a 3D scan of the Anschutz piece to provide 80% of the model and then send it to the printer format (oops the inner engineer came out).

Reactions: gamewarden
Actually, it really would not be that hard, you would create a CAD model with the KeySlot attachment and forend geometry. You could start with a 3D scan of the Anschutz piece to provide 80% of the model and then send it to the printer format (oops the inner engineer came out).
Yeah, I contacted Tyler (MK Machining) about this, and pretty much implied the same thing.

Reactions: gamewarden
+1 A simple adapter might work, ie using a 3-d printer, with one side MLOK/KEYSLOT etc and other that lets you screw this thing on to it.

1712589174910.png

1712589070586.png

e

+1 A simple adapter might work, ie using a 3-d printer, with one side MLOK/KEYSLOT etc and other that lets you screw this thing on to it.

View attachment 8391618

View attachment 8391617
e
Yeah, was actually wondering if those retained the mags fairly well, so that it could be mounted on the barrel/NV shroud upside down on the left 45* surface of the shroud....

Some of you that have the 1727 in the AI chassis should take pics of where your hand and thumb sits naturally compared to the back of the bolt because I feel like you might have to lift your hand to reach it compared to how my thumb sits in my 1827F's stock recess which is why I like my gun so much being this motion is effortless.

I mention this because a thumb tab attached to the back of the bolt might need to be created to reach "down lower" to be accessed naturally.

Some of you that have the 1727 in the AI chassis should take pics of where your hand and thumb sits naturally compared to the back of the bolt because I feel like you might have to lift your hand to reach it compared to how my thumb sits in my 1827F's stock recess which is why I like my gun so much being this motion is effortless.

I mention this because a thumb tab attached to the back of the bolt might need to be created to reach "down lower" to be accessed naturally.
I never actually touch the back of the bolt with my thumb. My arthritis prevents that, I have found however that I can move the toggle using my thumb and forefinger pretty quickly. I will not be bothering with the thumb tab.

Unfortunately, mine doesn't get here until Wednesday, and then I have the Cali 10 day cooldown/jail period (rolleyes)....

I never actually touch the back of the bolt with my thumb. My arthritis prevents that, I have found however that I can move the toggle using my thumb and forefinger pretty quickly. I will not be bothering with the thumb tab.
That's unfortunate but you'd be the exception to the norm.

It cracks me up trying to get my friends, or someone that hasn't shot my Fortner, used to pushing the bolt forward with their thumb. First thing they do is lift their head up, grab the toggle with both fingers after the shot, and some of them have tried to lift the toggle up like as if it was a bolt action. Then I have to say, nope, keep your eye in the scope, don't move your face, pull with your pointing finger all the way back fast, then push forward all the way with your thumb fast.

After a couple mags worth they get used to it and enjoy the Fortner experience much more.

im not sure if this is the place to ask, but it seems there's anschutz knowledge here....

what anschutz actions have the same footprint of a Remington 700? such that they would fit into a Remington 700 inlet stock?

is this 54.18 action a 700 footprint or is AI making the chassis to fit this gun only?

Thanks. More interested in the biathlon type if anyone is aware of anything.
I have that on my biathlon trainer. Is nice and secure, and makes for convenient storage of your mags, but it is awkward to get to for quick reloads. You have to break position and reach over the rifle to get to them. I’m quicker pulling them off a belt caddy. But coupled mags are even quicker & easier than that.

im not sure if this is the place to ask, but it seems there's anschutz knowledge here....

what anschutz actions have the same footprint of a Remington 700? such that they would fit into a Remington 700 inlet stock?

is this 54.18 action a 700 footprint or is AI making the chassis to fit this gun only?
AI is making the chassis match the two Anschutz footprints (it's not a Rem 700 footprint).

Reactions: Charger442

Couple screenshots off of a video of me running a magazine through the Annie.
I've always used the grip like this, and the Fortner is effortless to run
Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 4.04.13 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 4.04.51 PM.png

I wonder if a replacement bolt handle that extended back and doubled as a thumb rest would work

I guess I am lost about what benefit the lever provides. If my thumb is in the same basic position, bolt butt extension lever, vs toggle, what exactly am I gaining? My thumb is able to push the toggle forward fairly quickly and is touching the toggle already from the ejection motion.

Reactions: Criver600
On the 1827F... the palm is on the palm-swell, and the "graspers"
remain in place on the grip (on the lower shooting hand).

The arrow shows where you hand is supposed to be....
1712613275098.png

I guess I am lost about what benefit the lever provides. If my thumb is in the same basic position, bolt butt extension lever, vs toggle, what exactly am I gaining? My thumb is able to push the toggle forward fairly quickly and is touching the toggle already from the ejection motion.
Go on YouTube and watch some Biathlon events while concentrating on how they cycle their Fortners.

Speed and convenience.

Well, I guess I am different, I know I can never use my thumb on the bolt, that said on the stock my thumb stays right near or on the toggle while I fire, them my trigger finger comes up to push the toggle back(thumb on the toggle) and then the thumb slams the toggle forward locking it. To me that is as efficient as I could get.

sub 1 second cycle time, with zero break to position...

View attachment 8392160
Yes that’s how the Fortner was designed to be run. Caveat is if you’re used to running a Fortner that way, it’s a new manual of operation. It’s really not much slower at all once you get used to it. I’ve got a video at work with the 1727 AI running it fast and the group forming on the video monitor.

Well, I guess I am different, I know I can never use my thumb on the bolt, that said on the stock my thumb stays right near or on the toggle while I fire, them my trigger finger comes up to push the toggle back(thumb on the toggle) and then the thumb slams the toggle forward locking it. To me that is as efficient as I could get.

Hey man I'm sympathetic about your arthritic thumb because I've got my own physical problems and thankfully the Fortner can be operated both ways which is a neat attribute. Who knows I might be in the same situation in a decade???

Reactions: oldrifleman
Headed up to Somerset KY tomorrow, Yeti Spring Fling, NRL22X Match. Trying to get some dope for 200 & 300 yards....
IMG_2420.jpeg

Annie 1727F SK Long Range Match 200 yards. 2"X 2"-1/4"
IMG_2369.jpeg

Annie 1727F SK Long Range Match 20 shots 300 Yards. Blew the targets over right after this
IMG_2418.JPG

• Love
Reactions: oldrifleman