• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI-Great at Rifles/Bad at Building Web Sites

Pointman308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2011
Idaho
So what is up with AI's website. It has been down for like a millennium(slight exaggeration), but seriously!

It is shocking how long it takes to build a high-quality modern website. Having been down that road the only way to be sure it will arrive somewhat on time and on budget is to have good people on staff, but unless you are a tech/design company that is not an efficient use of company resources (because once the site is built what do you do with the designers and coders?). If you outsource and you are in the US/UK you either go local and avoid dealing with the culture clash but still need to monitor the work and progress intensely. If you go off-shore there are good odds you will end up with code that sucks and have to scrap and start over. Even if the code is good the communication is that much harder because of language or culture barriers.

Even when their website did work, it kinda sucked. Hopefully the new site will be worth the wait...

They are re-doing it and were adding in the new video pieces and such, I haven't heard much about it other than it was being worked on.

Not sure who was hired or from where, so it can just be a case of typical delays with web people lately, they all seem to be working in reverse

Their site has been down a very long time. If I remember right it went down when the at and mc lines were announced....so late Jan/Feb? Seems to have taken them a very long time to get it up and running again.....

Thankfully though they are not a company who has to rely a lot on their website. Mile high and Euro optics let you see everything they offer for the most part and can ask any questions you have

they should contact Crown partner in dayton ohio, good company did alot web for company like fidelity, sportsmansoutdoors, petsmart etc

I totally agree with you that AI are great at building rifles and bad at building web sites.
I regret that we have taken so long to get a new website up and running but we are now making progress. We are working on 2 sites, one for the USA and the other for the rest of the world. Both will have a store and we will have a range of merchandise available followed by accessories. Also we have movie clips showing features as well as a couple of animated movies showing the safety and 2 stage trigger operation.
That being said there is no excuse for such a long delay and I am working with the designers and developers to get this sorted out.
I will let you know as soon as we have something but the first part will be the store.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

I didn't mean any to tarnish or cause disrespect by posting this. I just thought someone would have the inside scoop on this. Thank You