• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI mag MODS

Tikkad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Abilene texas
this might be a dumb question but i just put CDI DBM on a rem 700 SA and this is my first rifle that i have put DBM on. it is chambered in 6mm Rem so i purchased a 308 AI mag. i just loaded it for the first time (Gun is not on hand at the moment) and i was wondering if the feed lips need any form of modification to use 6mm rounds. they seem to be sitting nice and lat and the lips are holding the round in just fine.

but it never hurts to check and see if anyone has prior experience

thanks,
Tikkad

Re: AI mag MODS

thanks JCH.

one more question while Im at it. is there any reason to bed the bottom metal. I mean i know its not going to effect accuracy, but I am inletting with a dremel myself and depending on how it turns out i think it might make for a better fit and finish with some devcon or Marine tex.

Re: AI mag MODS

If inletting yourself I would for sure bed the BM. Just a little Devcon under each end since the depth of the inlet won't be precise. I'm assuming you're using pillars supplied by CDI?