• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AI Mount S&B 5-25

cramey74

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2011
Joplin Mo
I am probably making a mistake but I'm considering swapping out my beloved USO SN3 3.2-17 for a S&B 5-25X56. My concern is mounting the S&B in an AI mount which is what I want to use. I seem to remember people having to machine the mount for it to work & I want to avoid that if possible. I have also heard that the new mounts are already relieved for this combo. Any input would be appreciated and I am sorry if this has already been covered. The rifle is an AIAE MKIII 24" Thanks Chris R.

Your only issue will be if the 5-25 you acquire has the new style spring cover. The new style cover is easily identified as having a beveled edge around its perimeter and protrudes slightly from the bottom of the tube about 0.7mm.
Old style, no issues at all.

Jerry, in my experience, the only AI mount that works without modification is the 45moa. The 28 and 18 moa require a little clearancing to clear the turret housing of the 5-25. This was with older 5-25s, not the newer one you referenced.

Last edited:
FWIW I have a like-new 45 MOA AI scope mount with 34mm rings. I had a SB 5-25 in it. I will sell it to you if you don't have one for a reasonable price. It's just sitting in my workroom collecting dust. It is a dovetail that would be the only issue. It's hard to tell from your post if you have a pic rail or if you already have a mount.

j

I was thinking about the S&B also until I read about all the quality issues they have anymore. You may want to think about the Beast.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

I don't have it in my possession but here is a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 7
Jerry, in my experience, the only AI mount that works without modification is the 45moa. The 28 and 18 moa require a little clearancing to clear the turret housing of the 5-25. This was with older 5-25s, not the newer one you referenced.

Thanks Eric, I didn't see any specs on which base he was referring to.