• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI nerds/gurus…

TheDude219

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2022
NC
Grabbing my AXSR this week. Have the accu-Tac bipod and new barrel/bolt for 300 win mag to go with the 338. NF 7-35 is on hand so I’m good there.

What other accessories should I be looking at? Any other upgrades that folks have done and liked?

Thanks

Reactions: The GIF-fer
Just picked up a nice AI transit case, seems like a fitting accessory. Still waiting on my scope.
IMG_0363.jpeg

Reactions: ELCO82 and TylerN
Suppressor if your not a heathen. A TBAC 338U would do nicely.

Other than that your good to go with that setup.
I'm a heathen. But I probably should get one. Just set up a trust for a can from Mike R for a tacops build.

What do folks recommend for a can on a 338?

Reactions: kthomas
Sweet! Where did you score that beauty?
From EuroOptic - part number 6980DE linked below. This is case fits the AXMC, AXSA, and AT, fitting the SR you will need to cut the foam about 1/8" from front strap and 1/4" off the bottom of pistol grip area.

Reactions: TheDude219
From EuroOptic - part number 6980DE linked below. This is case fits the AXMC, AXSA, and AT, fitting the SR you will need to cut the foam about 1/8" from front strap and 1/4" off the bottom of pistol grip area.

They don’t give those away 😲

• Wow
I'd seen a suggestion from another owner that he used a Armageddon gear m2010 soft case and nanuk 995
the M2010 is about 350, and the nanuk is 300, so $650 for that setup, but it is a nice universal rifle configuration.

I have found a few custom foam places that will ship you a case template and you lay out your items, trace them, and mail back the tracing. For a double rifle case, that was running about $150 for the custom foam, and then you'd need to add the cost of the case.

1). anarchy outdoors sling mount:

2). A shit ton of the fix it sticks for the 800 different bolts on it.

3) silver sharpie for witness marks on the 800 bolts

4). More mags

5). All three complete bolts

6). More barrels

7). More ammo

🫡😀

1). anarchy outdoors sling mount:

2). A shit ton of the fix it sticks for the 800 different bolts on it.

3) silver sharpie for witness marks on the 800 bolts

4). More mags

5). All three complete bolts

6). More barrels

7). More ammo

🫡😀
2) alternatively buy 1 fixit stick torque limiter in 49 in-lbs for the barrel and use an adjustable torque wrench like a wheeler for everything else. The quick lock barrel bolt is the only one that I care about being that precise. All other bolts are good enough for me to use the wheeler and be close enough maybe +/- a few in-lbs.

8) the extended ball head action bit in 5/32" fixit sticks sells is also a good idea to have. An extendo ball head bit is needed to remove the action from the chassis for doing trigger stuff like adjustments or replacing the trigger shoe. (I hear PFL338's flat shoe doesn't need the action roved to install but the OEM one does. )

2) alternatively buy 1 fixit stick torque limiter in 49 in-lbs for the barrel and use an adjustable torque wrench like a wheeler for everything else. The quick lock barrel bolt is the only one that I care about being that precise. All other bolts are good enough for me to use the wheeler and be close enough maybe +/- a few in-lbs.

8) the extended ball head action bit in 5/32" fixit sticks sells is also a good idea to have. An extendo ball head bit is needed to remove the action from the chassis for doing trigger stuff like adjustments or replacing the trigger shoe. (I hear PFL338's flat shoe doesn't need the action roved to install but the OEM one does. )
This is awesome info, thanks Tyler!!

2) alternatively buy 1 fixit stick torque limiter in 49 in-lbs for the barrel and use an adjustable torque wrench like a wheeler for everything else. The quick lock barrel bolt is the only one that I care about being that precise.
Except that a number of people report that they get better results with higher torque figures (like 60 or 70 in/lbs etc). Some threads on the hide theorize that’s probably due to a little bit epoxy seeping under the barrel change mechanism at the time of manufacture.

Don’t have time now to find the thread(s).

Ignore, no epoxy in AXSR. I’m a dummy.

Last edited:
I'd seen a suggestion from another owner that he used a Armageddon gear m2010 soft case and nanuk 995
the M2010 is about 350, and the nanuk is 300, so $650 for that setup, but it is a nice universal rifle configuration.
Wow. What a complete idiot that guy must be be.

I’m a dumbass. Edited my above post. Move along, nothing to see here lol
Even on the non bonded actions I've seen it reported that 1st shot return to zero is closer to return point of aim at closer to 60 in-lbs. For the OP I'd recommend starting with the manual recommend 49 in-lbs. Down the like maybe test a higher torque value if you see a need to.

Even on the non bonded actions I've seen it reported that 1st shot return to zero is closer to return point of aim at closer to 60 in-lbs. For the OP I'd recommend starting with the manual recommend 49 in-lbs. Down the like maybe test a higher torque value if you see a need to.
I use 62 in-lbs and there was some improvement in RTZ