• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AI one piece picatinny rings? your thoughts

aggiesig

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
Seguin, TX
www.sara-tx.org
I'm looking to put an ST10 on my AICS with a USO base. the current burris tactical rings aren't cutting it, they will go on the .22 eventually.
ACC3436_Sm.jpg

what do you guys think about the 1 piece base sestem? it looks solid, is anyone else running it?

Re: AI one piece picatinny rings? your thoughts

Most are intended for the AR and are too high for your application.

Make sure you research height before making any purchases.

Hard to argue with a set of Seekins Medium rings and his 20 MOA base. The Lows I have are a bit too low for the 1.5 and 2.0 chassis; I had to modify the bottom of the cheek piece to make it go lower to work with the lows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aggiesig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...is anyone else running it?</div></div>

literally an 'army' of users.

It's a good to go piece of gear. There are others as well.

The AI one piece mounts are rock solid. Once you get them mounted in right, they can take all kinds of abuse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: W54/XM-388</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The AI one piece mounts are rock solid. Once you get them mounted in right, they can take all kinds of abuse. </div></div>

I wasn't aware AI made a Picatinny compatible mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: W54/XM-388</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The AI one piece mounts are rock solid. Once you get them mounted in right, they can take all kinds of abuse. </div></div>

I wasn't aware AI made a Picatinny compatible mount. </div></div>

Yep, on the part that interfaces with the rail, there is a locking lug rather than a roll pin.

I'm running one on an AIAW with their pic rail -- it better work
wink.gif
. GTG, rock solid. I have a 3-15 PR mounted in it.

K2 is yours the 34mm mount? How high is the base/ring mount from the base to the center of the rings? Was thinking of putting one on my 6.5x284 in an AI 1.5.
AHA
Rad

I am running a one piece base on my AIAW and here are a couple of things that I have experienced:

1) I have removed the base (with the scope attached) from my AIAW to slap on a buddy's rifle who is still waiting for optics. When I return the base & scope back to my rifle it remained zeroed.

2) I removed the scope from the once piece base to put an anti-cant device on it. I placed the scope back in the base & tighten the rings... and once again, no shift in Zero.

There might be sleeker & sexier mounting options out there however, when it comes to functionality & simplicity I think the 1 piece base does a great job.

Hey Rad,
I'll measure tomorrow and let you know. Yes, it's a 34mm mount as I'm running a 3-15 PR currently, S&B 5-25 in the future. PH will go on a AR10 (hopefully with a Spuhr mount) in .260.
K2

I run one on my ar 10 it is perfect....prior to that I used it on my aiaw... Just make sure you mount on a zero moa base

I've got a USO 0 MOA base on the rifle right now, I think this is going to be the beginning of a beautiful relationship!