• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AI or AW Mag for 6.5 PRC

clrblu22

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2014
PNW
I’m getting ready to purchase a Bighorn TL3 for a Med weight hunting build. I plan to put the action in a Manners EH1 and use a Proof carbon barrel to minimize weight as much as possible. I’d like to stick with 140gr Bergers for most of my hunting work, but would like the option to swap barrels and eventually use this for a varminting with a 224 Valkrie - given that, and the fact that I’d like to seat the 140s for their max potential - would you go with an AI or an AW mag?

Alpha type 3 for 300 Wsm. Has a internal oal of 2.970

Thanks gentlemen! Hadn't heard of Alpha before but seems like they get pretty solid reviews - looks I'll be going that route!

I mocked up some dummies and tried them in several aw mags last week. It doesn’t work at all. If you strip a round out, the rest go flying out the top with it. I bought some accurate mags, which were in stock at area 419, and they work well.