• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AI rifle and cosine indicator

jp67

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2006
Into the wild
I am waiting for my AIAW in 260 rem with the AI scope mount.
I already have the S&B 3-12x50 with illumunated reticle.
I wish to mount an Angle cosine indicator or Horus ASLI on it but wonder what type of mount to use and where to place it as there is very little room on the scope with illumimated reticle .
See my other post regarding the cosine:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1186433#Post1186433

So any help will be appreciated and photos are welcomed

Thanks
jp

Re: AI rifle and cosine indicator

You are right they have the"Gen 1 mount for Accuracy Rail at £45.00" for AI rifles.
I just wonder wher you put it on the mount?
Bottom right
ind_mounts.jpg

They also have the following 34mm anti cant device but I do not know if there is enough room to put it on the scope with the illuminated reticle knob on the way.
cosine2.jpg

JP

If you folow the first link I posted there is a picture of the ACI with the dovetail mount fitted to the right of the unit.

I have enough room behind my scope to mount an AI BUIS on the dovetail so I'm sure there'd be enough room for the ACI instead.

As for the cant indicator..pass! There is only so much kit you can load up on the rail or the tube and I'm not sure how much space there is between the eye piece housing and the control for the illuminated reticule as my PMII doesnt have this feature.

I want to resurrect this thread to see if anyone has any experience with this particular mentioned cosine indicator.

Also, what options are other AI (dovetail) shooters using as far as bubble leveling goes? I've seen a few and know the options that are available, but would like to simply gather a consensus rather.

Thanks,

Lee