• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AI scope mount for S&B 5-25x56 scope

desertHK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
AZ
Guys/Gals

Besides the 45 MOA cant dovetail AI mount, anyother cant degree would fit the 5-25x56 S&B scope? I bottom out my scope and still couldn't quite get a 100 yard zero with my 308. Help is greatly appreciated.

Re: AI scope mount for S&B 5-25x56 scope

The 18 and 28 moa mounts need machining to fit the erector housing of a 5-25x56. It's a pretty simple machine job, the other option is a Spuhr 20 moa mount.

Is your windage turret centered though? You should be able to get a 100 yard zero with that scope and mount combination.

The windage turret is centered. I just think that I run my 155 scenars a bit fast (3000 fsps). So, it's off about .3 mil. I can hit a 1" dot at 100 yards, but the POI is at 12:00 o'clock instead of being centered and I am at the lowest setting on the scope.

Gotcha. I'm not sure how much I have left, but I still have the full travel below zero to the "zero stop" (.5 mil.) But I'm running my scenars at 2825 (18.5 inch barrel.)

Anyhow, best of luck. Machine an 18 or 28, or go to a Spuhr. The 40 moa Spuhr would probably be perfect.

Appreciate your input. How is your AX? I am waiting for the multicaliber AX in 338 LM to come out as well as the AX 50 BMG. It's gonna be an expensive year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Appreciate your input. How is your AX? I am waiting for the multicaliber AX in 338 LM to come out as well as the AX 50 BMG. It's gonna be an expensive year. </div></div>The AX is fantastic. I don't care to shoot anything but it. The multicaliber option looks very enticing, IF they ever come out with it for consumers. I don't think there are any plans currently though.

I've got a few Near one piece mounts that are nice. He will make you one in what ever cant you want. Spuhr is very nice also.