• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI Short Forend Bridge for AT-X and 20MOA Accessory Rail Kit do not match?

Glassaholic

Optical theorist and conjecturer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 30, 2012
    Panhandle, FL
    For aesthetic purposes I prefer the short forend bridge and was intending to use that with my Thermal; however, AI made the short forend bridge with only 8 key slot holes and the 20 MOA accessory rail which co-aligns with the 20 moa picatinny action rail needs 9 slots??? Why on earth didn't AI make the short forend bridge with 9 keys??? My options are to use it anyway and only have two bolt lockup and slight overhang or use a non-standard rail that is not 20 moa... what would you do?

Below is the image showing the slight overhang of the accessory rail over the back of the bridge, I could have a 'smith drill and thread a hole in the back of the bridge but should I really be doing that?

ABF490C9-5E72-44D2-ABD5-BC5CA60D785F.jpeg

Reactions: TylerN
    Here is the top view, you can see there is no key slot for the back hole on the far right.
    4486D4A3-61A2-423A-8F37-F58984F5309B.jpeg

Here is a standard rail
    B0A39FD2-20F5-4701-A2B3-716828299C33.jpeg

Last edited:
    Reactions: TylerN