• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIAE MKIII Barreled Action in Different Stock?

remau308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2011
Carrollton, Georgia
Can an AIAE MKIII, or other variant, barreled action be taken out of the AI stock, and be properly inletted into a different stock like a Manners or McMillan? I know this is a pretty weird question, but I'm not really that fond of the AI chassis, but love the AI actions. Has anyone ever done this?

Last edited:
There's a thread around here somewhere addressing this; I think the general consensus is that it can't be done. It has to do with the bottom metal attaching to the recoil lug.

Last edited:
It could be done as a single shot fairly easily but bottom metal and mags are a different story.

There's a thread around here somewhere addressing this; I think the general consensus is that it can't be done. It has to do with the bottom metal attaching to the recoil lug.

Think of the money that could be made if someone would make their own DBM that would allow this.......