• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIAE MKIII range report-Update!

cramey74

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2011
Joplin Mo
Well I finally got to take my AE out to the range to sight it in... I was a little worried about this unit since I have totally changed direction with my long range gear... I recently purchased a new GAP Crusader in .308 and this rifle also in .308... I have already sighted the Crusader in so the bar was set pretty high...Along with me for the day was Steve M. who just posted up his new Badger Ordnance built rig (which is awsome by the way) for a cold day at the range...The AE was on paper on the first shot and only required two shots for sight in.. The next four are in the photo below so I was excited to say the least..The smallest group of the day was shot with Steve's hand loads which consist of Winchester brass,Hornady 168gr match,44.5gr. Varget @ 2750fps the group was basically same hole for five shots..I shot Black Hills 168gr also which posted up 2643 fps as advertised and POI did not change...I was also worried there would be alot of cold bore shift with this rifle but I tried it many different ways and did not experience anything of the sort... I am really impressed with the Accuracy International product,I know it has been said many times but these rifles are really built well and I believe the AE MKIII is one of the best values out there custom or factory..Here are the specs

Accuracy International AE MK III
.308 W/ 24" Barrel 1/12
Atlas V8 Bi-Pod W/AICS adapter
USO SN-3 3.2-17 Erek T-Pal
Accuracy International Base 18 MOA
USO Bubble level

Group1_zps966999a3.jpg

AIAE1-1_zps7cd4c7d4.jpg

AIAE2-1_zps9ff05c16.jpg

AIAE3-1_zpsd08fe9a0.jpg

AIAE4-1_zps80283201.jpg

Re: AIAE MKIII range report

this makes me more excited to get mine!

BTW thanks again tyler

What do you do if you are looking to buy a new rifle and can't decide whether to buy a out of the box Accuracy International or have a custom rifle built? If you are Cramey74 you just buy both. Thats a hell of a problem! Both Nice rifles though...

Congrats to you on a great rifle.
Can't wait to get mine (6.5 Creedmoor). I'm thinking end of January or Mid-February and it will finally be ready.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowyellow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What did your best group measure in at? Just curious. And damn nice rifle man. </div></div>

I did not bring any calipers to the range but I would say the smallest group would have measured .175-.200in...The rifle is an absolute hammer and is at least for me very comfortable..I know some don't like the thumbhole stock but it works for me..

Also thanks for the positive comments, and for you fellas that are on the wait train for one you will not be dissapointed...Happy New Year everyone & stay safe Chris R

Everything in me tries to turn away from those things, but

There's this drawing and wooing...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everything in me tries to turn away from those things, but

There's this drawing and wooing...

</div></div>

Do not hesitate SFree.... You would not be disappointed with an AE... If I could only have one this would be it... Where in Missouri are you from? I would be glad to let you send some rounds down range with this rig...

AE MK-IIIs are the best value for sure. They shoot like a custom with a better bolt and trigger.

Cramey,
Bout 30 miles east of Spfld. I'll probably be down your way in a couple of months workin on the new hospital...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cramey,
Bout 30 miles east of Spfld. I'll probably be down your way in a couple of months workin on the new hospital... </div></div>

Well anytime then...you just let me know

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chris where did you get, or who did you get the gun from?
</div></div>

This fine piece of equipment and everything on it came from Steve W. AKA Rangerwalker71... WARNING contact with Rangerwalker71 is HAZARDOUS to your bank account and your marriage....

Re: AIAE MKIII range report-Update!

Went back to the range with the AE and this was the best group of the day...Nevermind the top hole that was shot 15 mins before the 3 shot group in the Bullseye..I can't say enough about this rifle. I love it!

group3-Copy_zpscb55fe4e.jpg

good looking gun, even better looking group
wink.gif

I bought an AE MK II from MileHigh and it shot the same. Great rifles!