• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIAT cheek riser screw stripped

Silenced9

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2022
USA
Hey everyone. I recently bought a pre-owned AIAT, was never fired before I purchased it, so basically brand new. I was adjusting the cheek riser and I guess I tried to tighten one of the screws too tight. I basically pulled what I assume was a helicoil out of the hole with the screw. I really didn’t think I tightened it too much, it just spun with a little resistance before I backed it out and the helicoil came with it.

The other screw tightens just fine and it also has a helicoil in the stock for the screw.

Are there supposed to be helicoils in the stock for the cheek riser screws? Anyone had to replace one before and know any specifics on size? I’ve never installed a helicoil before, but I’m sure I can do it, just need to read into it.

Thanks!

Yes, the AT buttstock has helicoils in them from the factory.

Best bet is to probably call AINA or Mile High to find out what the spec is. Maybe you can get one from AI to install yourself with some fresh threadlocker.

Reactions: ShtrRdy
Thanks for the reply. I took the skins off and looked a little closer. It looks like the helicoil itself stripped out the threads in the stock, so it will have to be drilled and tapped for a bigger helicoil, or something like a Big-sert. I’ll call AINA and see what the recommendation is. Thanks!