• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIAW - Atlas V8

onetoe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2009
Stockton, California, USA
Kasey did a great job with the new spigget and the V8 bipod. This system works extremly well with the AI chassis without making any modifications.
You can use it all the way to the end of the chassis or you can put it in the middle for shorter shooting platforms or to shorten your engagement radius. You can also mount it 90 degrees for when sadistic match directors make you roll your rifle on its side.

1 - V8 Bipod with ADM quick disconnect part# BT10LW17
2 - V2 Spigget part# BT19
3 - The picatinney rail system for the spigget is a BT20

Four of my favorite things are Accuracy International Artic Warfare Rifles, Schmidt & Bender Scopes, Atlas Products and 6.5 mm Creedmoor.

DSCN4869-2.jpg

DSCN4870-2.jpg

DSCN4872.jpg

DSCN4873.jpg

DSCN4877-1.jpg

DSCN4878.jpg

Re: AIAW - Atlas V8

Very nice! I want the same setup for my AI stock. Who is Kasey and where can I buy the parts?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bwo6.5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Is the rail section on the bottom of your stock also made by Accu-shot? If so, what's the part # on that? If not, who is it mfg'd by?
Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BullzeyeNJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice! I want the same setup for my AI stock. Who is Kasey and where can I buy the parts?</div></div>
Kasey is they guy behind Atlas. You can buy them from accu-shot direct.
Chad

I can't seem to figure out what the actual difference is between the BT10LW17 and the BT10-NC. The BT10-NC is $60 cheaper, but the picture used on the website is the same as the BT10LW17.

The BT10-NC seems like what you'd want to use in conjunction with the BT19 v2 spigot as it specifically mentions AI in the description. Does the BT10LW17 come with some type of QD clamping mechanism that the BT10-NC does not?

The BT10LW17 comes with the Arms #17 clamp.

I just run the BT10-NC (no clamp) attached directly to the BT19. It's a cleaner install but you will be restricted to using the Altas only on AI chassis.

This is not an issue for me, but if you have multiple railed weapons that you want to swap the Atlas to, the setup as shown above may work better for you.

I prefer how low profile the Altas is with just the AI Spigot:

atlas_1231.jpg

atlas_1259.jpg

Yea, who makes the rail that you have on the bottom of the stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Midwestside</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bwo6.5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Is the rail section on the bottom of your stock also made by Accu-shot? If so, what's the part # on that? If not, who is it mfg'd by?
Thanks. </div></div>

cool, thanks
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bwo6.5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midwestside,

To answer your question, the picatinney rail on the forearm was purchased from:

Phoenix Tactical
901-289-1110
www.phoenixtactical.com

No part # thay just call it an AI Picatinniey rail cost $89.00 </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johndoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes me want to send in my Atlas for the upgrade. </div></div>Upgrade to the v2, or upgrade to the v8?

Well, I caved! Used my santa money on a noclamp and AI spigot. Hopefully they're shipping in a timely fashion, I hate waiting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mathmatic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it difficult to replace the ai butt-spike with the monopod in your pictures? </div></div>

Don't know. I ordered mine without a spike so that I had the ability to use the Mono-Pod. I will probably order one early next year to give it a try.

I am going to order one this week. Do all the spigots have the thumbwheel now? On the atlas website I don't see them but I assume they have not updated the photos yet. I will ask when I call but if anyone knows post it up. Thanks.

If I keep buying top notch gear I wont have anything to blame my bad shooting on. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mathmatic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it difficult to replace the ai butt-spike with the monopod in your pictures? </div></div>

I ordered mine without a spike</div></div>Don't believe the AE is available with the spike...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mathmatic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it difficult to replace the ai butt-spike with the monopod in your pictures?</div></div>

I agree, the original AI butt-spike is really nice. I have one on one of my rifles and it is infinitely adjustable. Either in vertical clicks or with a thumb wheel. But in lieu of that the accu-shot works very well. Normally I use it in the folded position with my sandbag underneath it. I dont use it the same as the AI butt-spike.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't believe the AE is available with the spike... </div></div>

I will have to double check that. I thought that it was but I didn't delve into it greatly because I didn't really want it.