• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

AIAW Mag pouches for tactical competitions?

jonesy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
Louisville, KY
What would you recommend as far as easy/fast access mag pouches for AIAW 308 10 round mags?

I'm starting to get involved in tactical competitions (first one in late July) and need to gear up.

Thanks

Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*All Triad Magazine Pouches*::*Triad Open Top Magazine Pouch

IMG_0319.jpg

We also offer our double mag pouch if you prefer a more secure, flap style top:
Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*All Triad Magazine Pouches*::*Triad Double Magazine Pouch
TT-MP1-AI-10-2-MS COMBO 2 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Jonesy, while 2 10 rounders really oughtta get you through nearly any stage at a match, you should have at least 3 magazines.

I run two of the triad open-top mag pouches, and one double mag pouch, for a total of 4 magazines. I've been very pleased with the triad stuff, though the open top pouches will require a spacer in the bottom to get the magazine up high enough that the bungee will hold it securely, and so some magazine is exposed for you to grab.

Also consider how you'll attach your gear to yourself, be it a battle belt, eberlestock pack, tactical vest etc etc.

The open top pouches seem to be exactly what I'm looking for, thanks.

Jonesy, while 2 10 rounders really oughtta get you through nearly any stage at a match, you should have at least 3 magazines.

I run two of the triad open-top mag pouches, and one double mag pouch, for a total of 4 magazines. I've been very pleased with the triad stuff, though the open top pouches will require a spacer in the bottom to get the magazine up high enough that the bungee will hold it securely, and so some magazine is exposed for you to grab.

Also consider how you'll attach your gear to yourself, be it a battle belt, eberlestock pack, tactical vest etc etc.

Thanks turbo, seems like I can always use your advice. I was thinking about trying to use my current backpack, a Kifaru G2. It's got the padded MOLLE belt attachment so I could attach mags to that and keep extra shit in the actual backpack. I don't know if it's a good idea or not as I've never really shot a course while wearing it. One problem I would have is where to attach a mag pouch for expended magazines. (??)

What would you recommend as far as easy/fast access mag pouches for AIAW 308 10 round mags?

I'm starting to get involved in tactical competitions (first one in late July) and need to gear up.

Thanks

I have found that the old school Paraclete (pre MSA) magazine pouches work very well for holding any combination of 5 and 10 round magazines, even just one, as there is an adequate amount of pile velcro to close the flap down on a single magazine.This is what I am running on my COMA rig currently to carry mags.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Was going to stay away from those for the time being only because of price. Something like $60 iirc?

I paid 102 shipped for 2 aw holders with large teklok's. pretty good deal and hold the mags very securely. Ryan did a great job.

Papa Zero Three,

NICE rig set-up! I like how you've got your kit set, and thanks for sharing your pics.

+1 for the Tab gear pouches! I like modularity... that's why I run HSGI taco mag pouches. Kydex is nice and I like it for a CC holster, but I would prefer a nylon / heavy duty pouch should SHTF