• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AIAW + S&B 4-16 PMII mount options

DT1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2006
Alabammer
I recently picked up a S&B PMII 4-16x50 scope for my AIAW 308W w/pic rail. I have an AIAW 45moa mount and thought it'd be perfect to mount the scope to the rifle.

Took it to the range this morning and it looks to be a no-go combo. I bottomed out the elevation and it still shot 1mil high at 100yds. I guess its b/c the mount is too high to get zero'd @ 100yds despite the 45moa tilt.

Any suggestions as to a combo that would do the trick? I believe the 28moa AIAW mount is lower so maybe it would work despite not having as much cant? I would also consider a Sphur with the right ring height/tilt combo but am not sure which one would work.

Many thanks for suggestions.

David

Re: AIAW + S&B 4-16 PMII mount options

To much cant, need the 28MOA version. Spur is sweet but AI version cheaper.

Not sure. But does that scope have a zero stop?

What the man says,..the 45MOA mount is specifically for the PM2 5-25 DT.With that combination you get out to 2000m easily.

The 4-16 is the ideal scope for the .308 user and the AI 28MOA one piece mount perfect.

28moa mount is the one made for that scope, it's what you seek.

If you are looking for the picatinny version of that mount I just so happen to have an extra that is already milled so that if you ever change to a 5-25 or a Hensoldt it works for them too. PM me if you'd like a good deal on a used one.

Thanks guys! Jasonk, I will send you a PM.

Even 18 moa will do you well.