• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AIAW trigger help?

Sleeper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2008
Central, TX
How do you change the weight on one of these? I see two screws, one in the trigger one infront of the trigger. I have searched here and the net and found nothing. Thanks for any help.

Re: AIAW trigger help?

My User Manual doesn't cover trigger adjustment, maybe it is only in the Armourer's Manual??

It is the one in front of the trigger as far as I recall.......

Have you tried a PM to Stacey?

Re: AIAW trigger help?

The screw closest to the muzzle is the trigger weight screw.

The screw at an angle in the trigger is the sear adjustment screw. Turning clockwise increases engagement.

There is a third first-stage adjustment screw that sits horizontally inside the mechanism that you you shouldn't touch at all.

I use Zak Smith's method: Adjust the sear screw until the creep disappears, then adjust the preload to minimum or until the rifle won't fire when butt-stroked hard on the floor (as Zak says - your choice, with associated safety implications).

Don't forget to keep track of what you did to both screws as you make the adjustments.