• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIAW trigger

Re: AIAW trigger

I will go down to around or right under 3 pounds. I have a AI AW and a AI AWSM the .338 trigger feels better. I have to mess with the .308 some more to get it right. But honestly the way the trigger comes from the factory is pretty good. I would shoot with it some before you mess with it.

My AW manual says factory set to 4lbs (1.8kg) but I've read elsewhere that is adjustable down to 3.2lbs. Adjustment is via Allen/Hex key screw in trigger well.

Trigger is two stage. I've always found it very consistent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did a few searches and really have not found to much feedback regarding the AIAW trigger. Can someone enlighten me on it ? I understand from the website it is adjustable.

How does it feel ? Also what is the adjustment range ? </div></div>

It's a two stage match trigger. I am sure Stacey can correct me on this. The second stage is crisp. I like it better than one stage. If you are not familiar with it, it may take a bit of getting use to. Closest example is old HK USP trigger style. (I am not talking about feel and length of pull. -- just a two stage trigger feel).

I just played around with my AW trigger but it ended with that I adjusted it back to the factory 1.8 kg, feels best I think.
I really like the trigger, the only thing I could complain about is that the trigger has some play sideways. Is it a feture to keep it work in dirt environments?

I just got one. The same on mine. Side to side movment. Nice trigger. There is a guy named Stacy from AI on this forum, ask him he seems to know all about these guns.
T

If you want trigger work done on this rifle, Wilhelm Spindler at Spindler Arms out in Robert Lee TX can do an outstanding job. I would not trust anyone else. He was a personal close friend of Malcolm Cooper before he passed and his company in Germany manufactures parts for accuracy international. Out his back door is a 3 million dollar all electronic shooting range with targets set at 300, 600, 800, and a 1000 meters. Wilhelm's wife has won many competitions internationally using these rifles. He has the answers you want for this particular rifle. Hope that helps you out---good shooting!!

Is the side to side movement more like a wobble or a delibrate sliding movement in the design?

On both of my AIs it feels like a wobble, not the trigger sliding at it's hindge point. It doesn't effect accuracy or repeatablity of the trigger. It takes getting used to, but the design is definetely adaquate for a precision rifle and is designed for rock solid reliability.