• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIAX Max Barrel Contour. MTU, Straight taper?

Mr. F

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2011
So im thinking about having a 6.5 barrel spun for PRS style matches but im not sure how large of a shank will the AXSA i have will take. Just want to confirm its good for 1.250" under the rail.

The standard barrel is 29.4mm at the action (well my Lothar Walther is), so I imagine you will be fine.

I've had a couple barrels spun up for my AT rifle. I went with a 1.200" shank to better match the original barrel on the rifle. Like the M24 contour.

I think you would be fine but what muzzle attachment/supressor do you rock and what length you thinking?

On this im thinking 26" I have a few short sticks already and im going for speed on this one.

I think you would be good to go then. Only concerns I would have had was diameter of the muzzle attachment fitting to the barrel and having enough clearance to account for barrel whip not touching the end of the hadguard

I think you would be good to go then. Only concerns I would have had was diameter of the muzzle attachment fitting to the barrel and having enough clearance to account for barrel whip not touching the end of the hadguard

Finishing a MTU/Heavy Var at 26" too thick for 5/8-24 threads on the 419 breck you think?

For an AX/ AT/ AW/ AWM = 1.250"

For an AXMC/ PSR/ ASR/ AXSR = 1.350"

Yes, I run 1.250" straight on my AX and AW.

And 1.350" straight for the big bro's
I just place a order for a straight contour barrel today and realized I might be screwed when it comes to a muzzle break fitting flush with the barrel. Any breaks out there that won’t look like shit? It’s 1.250

I just place a order for a straight contour barrel today and realized I might be screwed when it comes to a muzzle break fitting flush with the barrel. Any breaks out there that won’t look like shit? It’s 1.250

Use a suppressor you uncivilized barbarian....

@Mr. F has one that fits flush with his

The Sidewinder will probably look pretty good on it. It’s larger than the hellfire so it should go nicely with a thicc sticc

Yea that Area419 break OD IS 1.275” hope I didn’t make a bad decision ordering this fat ass barrel

The area 419 collar and adapter are about 1.25ish.
They’d look fine on a 1.25 truck axle or coffee table glamour shots.

Then snag a hellfire at 1.1”

either way...

performance > aesthetics

...but of it’s for IG, then stick with aesthetics 😂

1B89B536-8A4A-4B90-8675-C811CC172440.jpeg

B994675D-B587-4EC7-BE85-5BED60B2E967.jpeg

5F7DB23A-A18B-4A4C-92AD-57CAF20CB656.png

@Huxtable_hurt_me28 Thats a A419 Sidewinder on a straight 1.25

but as @NoLegs24 said ive seen hellfires and other .9” breaks on straight pipes too and honestly they look even better imo idk 😂😂

Reactions: Huskydriver
People still care about brakes being flushed?

You'll be fine... with either brakes from APA or A419

@Huxtable_hurt_me28 Pay no attention to this comment... this is a guy that just a few days ago was debating the finer points of red vs blue vs FDE AT-Xs colors on the AI thread...

Nope if the brake collar is too thick over the barrel taper you get a smith to contour that shit down to .001" boy

@Huxtable_hurt_me28 Pay no attention to this comment... this is a guy that just a few days ago was debating the finer points of red vs blue vs FDE AT-Xs colors on the AI thread...

Nope if the brake collar is too thick over the barrel taper you get a smith to contour that shit down to .001" boy

You're going to have to qoute me on that. Don't recall. Plus, I'ma have all the colors anyhow 🤷‍♂️

Except blue, I don't think I can make that work... lol

You're going to have to qoute me on that. Don't recall. Plus, I'ma have all the colors anyhow 🤷‍♂️

Except blue, I don't think I can make that work... lol

Blue Eyeliner, Sako guys use it all the time

2E608E25-4FEA-42FB-BFE9-FFABAFFF7E2F.jpeg

OP... Looks like PVA made this just for you. 1.25 OD brake about to be released.

Reactions: acudaowner

Attachments

• 8FBA4062-71D9-46F2-84D6-5F60B24D32A9.png
    8FBA4062-71D9-46F2-84D6-5F60B24D32A9.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 71
Terminator T4 Plus is 1.250